Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2011, 03:50 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default cruising Carnival Legend Nov20 2011

Can anyone tell me how the "open dining" on this ship works? Do we just show up in the dining room and get seated with diffferent people every night? What are the pros and cons to doing it this way ?
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2011, 05:57 PM
Admiral

Yes. You just show up when you want to. We actually prefer traditional dining, as we like getting to know new friends. And, it takes more than one meal to connect enough to even begin a friendship. But, we also enjoy the alternate style, too, so it's all good. Just FYI, on the Legend, you can start with traditional, then change to open dining, but not back again. Guess they don't want to confuse the waiters!
Marty
P.S. We have sailed the Legend many times and it is one of our favorite ships. If you like sushi, there is a free sushi bar almost every night.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I did the "Your Time" dining on Carnival Liberty last year and I loved it. It was great. I loved meeting new dining companions every meal. Since I am single and travel alone most of the time it was ideal for me.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:51 PM
Welcome Newcomer

The "Your Time Dining" (YTD) option will be on Deck 3. The "set time" dining is on Deck 2. The Truffles restaurant is aft, but consists of both Decks 2 and 3.

We just got back last week and did the YTD. We had Nelson as our headwaiter, and were very pleased with our dining experiences.

LEGEND is an excellent ship. You will be very, very pleased...we were.
Old October 24th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are a group of 10 going ont he Legend for the first time. Cant wait! Going in March. Love any info on the ship we can get. Sounds like many posts are in favor of the Legend! So glad to hear that.