Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
Familiar Face

Default Grand Cayman and Cozumel

We just signed up to go cruising again!

We are going to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. I really prefer to set up my own excursions rather than use Carnival. Are there plenty of offerings once we get off the ship at both of these locations?

Also, we like to have one "Beach Day" where we just go to a beach and enjoy the water and sand. Which of these ports would be best for us to do that?

Ships I've Sailed:

Carnival Fascination July 6th 2009

Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2011, 11:46 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Cozumel=Nachi Cocum!
Old October 22nd, 2011, 04:14 PM
Administrator
Admiral

In both ports there will be plenty of vendors who will sell their tours and excursions. Stingray City is a good one in Grand Cayman and there are many beach tours and snorkeling/diving excursions in Cozumel. I have to agree that Nach Cocum is a great place if you want a relaxing beach day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 23rd, 2011, 12:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Nachi Cocum is great, but they only let 100 people in a day so it fills up quickly..you may want to book early..
Old October 23rd, 2011, 12:33 PM
Admiral

What is "Nachi Cocum"
Googled it, looks Fantastic & if we ever go there we will try to book it

Last edited by johnthed0g; October 23rd, 2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: googld
Old October 23rd, 2011, 12:40 PM
Admiral

If you like to snorkel then at Grand Cayman, there is a place a short walk from the dock. Turn to the right and walk to a small resturant right on the water, there is not much of a beach but the snorkeling there is very nice get to see a lot of fish. The only cost would be for a locker for your things while snorkeling. And the food at the resturant is good and priced reasonably.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old October 30th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlb1050 View Post
If you like to snorkel then at Grand Cayman, there is a place a short walk from the dock. Turn to the right and walk to a small resturant right on the water, there is not much of a beach but the snorkeling there is very nice get to see a lot of fish. The only cost would be for a locker for your things while snorkeling. And the food at the resturant is good and priced reasonably.
Does this place you're speaking of provide the equipment or is this only if you have your own? If they provide the equip. is it an appropriate place for a beginner that's never snorkled....and may be a little nervous around water? Not a lot, i just think the worst way to die would be drowing, but it doesn't stop me from getting in water lol. As you can see I'm going back and forth on whether I want to try snorkling lol.
Old October 31st, 2011, 02:31 PM
Admiral

Please do not go off and try to do this on your own, especially if you are a tad nervous. Spend the $ and sign up with the ship's tour. That way, you get the equipment and someone qualified to help you through it. Doing it on your own can be daunting, even dangerous.
Please.
Marty
Old October 31st, 2011, 03:01 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMeow View Post
Does this place you're speaking of provide the equipment or is this only if you have your own? If they provide the equip. is it an appropriate place for a beginner that's never snorkled....and may be a little nervous around water? Not a lot, i just think the worst way to die would be drowing, but it doesn't stop me from getting in water lol. As you can see I'm going back and forth on whether I want to try snorkling lol.

They do have equipment to rent. If you are a decent swimmer then you can snorkel. But there are rocks where you enter and if the water is a bit wavy then it can be not that easy to get in and out. And you can get slammed into the rocks.

Since you have never snorkeled before then I would suggest taking a ship snorkel tour. And buy each person the $5 snorkel that is sold at athe excursion desk. This way you know the snorkel is clean and germ free. Ususally there are more than enough snorkel tours to choose from.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014