CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Any public Cayman beaches without excursion? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/386059-any-public-cayman-beaches-without-excursion.html)

Sandar November 16th, 2011 05:09 PM

Any public Cayman beaches without excursion?

Looking for a beach day without the high prices. Is there anywhere a taxi might take us for this? Looking for restrooms at least and maybe chair rental and food available.

Golden1 November 16th, 2011 05:18 PM

When I went to Grand Cayman, I took a cab to seven mile beach. There is a very public section with a food shack and music and lounge chairs, etc. Let the cab driver know what you are looking for. Grand Cayman was beautiful and the Caybrew beer my favorite!!

Donna November 16th, 2011 05:39 PM

Just ask any taxi driver, they will know the hotel beaches that welcome cruise passengers...Then have him pick you up at an assigned time.

Moiraine November 16th, 2011 08:13 PM

Yep, no problem. As Donna said, any taxi driver will be able to take you to the public beach. There will be taxis waiting to bring you back.

AndyBrown November 16th, 2011 10:59 PM

Grand Cayman also has an excellent and inexpensive public bus system that is easy to use. The buses are more like extended mini vans, and the drivers will cram as many people as will fit into them, but they run up and down the main street past 7-mile beach all day. There are numerous beach access sidewalks located between most of the hotels. 7-mile beach is fantastic; you won't be disappointed.

The bus station is a short 2-3 block walk from the area where the tenders dock- just ask directions or find it on a map. It's not really a station; more like a bus stop on the corner, but they'll take you to all the popular spots.

Andy

JoeMo November 21st, 2011 01:09 PM

Sea Grapes Beach. Just up the road from the port. Bathrooms, Food, Drink, chairs, umbrellas. We have been there twice, pleasant trip both times. (Take a Cab)

sgtmomret December 17th, 2011 03:33 PM

We goto Seven Mile Beach but we take the city bus and it drops you off right at the beach and pick it up right across the street. Theres washroom with change room there also free of charge. The City buses are about 2.50 US and are about 2 streets up from the port. They are very friendly and will help you out. Note there City buses are not like the ones in USA or in Canada, there 9 seat mini Vans. We also snorkled near a bar along the ocean in town; you walk to it. Once in the port go right and walk as far as you can. There's a bar and a very small beach but the snorkling is awesome....some huge fish there lol.

Snoozeman December 18th, 2011 02:32 AM

You've had some great advice. As you can see Grand Cayman is one of the easiest of the Caribbean islands to get to a nice beach on your own.

jlauntz December 18th, 2011 12:32 PM

seven mile beach is beautiful. I understand that ALL beaches are public by law. I was told that there is no such as a private beach on Grand Cayman.

Paul Motter December 19th, 2011 12:40 PM

I have never been there (7-mile beach) but I hear it is beautiful. Every time I go swimming there it is at sting ray bay. You gotta love those slimy little critters.