CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Bringing wine and soda onboard (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/386288-bringing-wine-soda-onboard.html)

HawkeyeFLA December 1st, 2011 12:02 AM

Bringing wine and soda onboard

Okay, so I know the limits are 1 bottle and 12 sodas per person. My question is this, does the allotment have to be in each individual's carry on item? Sailing on Monday, 2 cabins 4 people. So we're bringing 4 bottles of wine and probably 2 12pks of Sprite to go with the bottle of Absolut I ordered today. Since we are getting to the ship together, can we just have all 4 bottles in a single bag and just say "This is one each." Anyone have experience with this?

green_rd December 1st, 2011 08:26 AM

I went through security in Fort Lauderdale with two bottles and they did ask if we were together. So it seems they can be in one bag as long as your group stays together.

Snoozeman December 1st, 2011 11:56 AM

May depend on the 'guy' at security when you go through. Good luck!

HawkeyeFLA December 1st, 2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozeman (Post 1403663)
May depend on the 'guy' at security when you go through. Good luck!

Well, I guess if they say anything, we'll just break the bottles out and each carry through, then recombine once past checkin. I'm just trying to make sure that things move smoothly for my group.

fun2cruiz December 1st, 2011 02:49 PM

It all depends on how strict securty is and its personel at any given port on any given sailing. We have carried all bottles in one carryon bag before and got thru fine, but have seen other passengers get delayed to do the "wine shuffle" amongst seperate carry on's.

Why not just keep them in individual carryons to start with and eliminate any possible chance of delay ? Makes sense to me ! ;)

HawkeyeFLA December 2nd, 2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fun2cruiz (Post 1403704)
It all depends on how strict securty is and its personel at any given port on any given sailing. We have carried all bottles in one carryon bag before and got thru fine, but have seen other passengers get delayed to do the "wine shuffle" amongst seperate carry on's.

Why not just keep them in individual carryons to start with and eliminate any possible chance of delay ? Makes sense to me ! ;)

Well, my main carry on is always my backpack that has all my photography gear in it ... its not very conductive to holding a bottle of wine and a 12pk of soda. Was just looking at putting all the wine first in brown paper bags, then into one of those basic grocery store style of bags. Ah well. I'll just deal with it on Monday however I have to. :-p

fun2cruiz December 2nd, 2011 02:58 PM

Have a GREAT cruise..... Happy Holidays !