Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Admiral

Default Aerogirls Freedom Review 11/27

I finally got around to writing a brief Freedom cruise review.

I want to start off by saying it was a very nice cruise I pretty much loved everything about the Freedom. The ship was spotless, the crew was nice and the food was good for today’s cruise standards.

We flew in the day before and stayed at the Roadway Inn. Are room was a new room very clean and comfortable with free transportation to from the airport and to the cruise port. I would stay there again hands down.

We were on board by noon bypassing the very long line of people waiting to check in, VIP I love it! Went to out cabin 7317 around 1:30 and found a spacious cabin with a ton a storage space, even with three ladies we had more than enough room. The cabin itself was a little smaller then what we’ve had in the past but was by no means small. Our cabin steward Ana was very businesslike and not very personable but that was fine with us she did a great job keeping our room clean and stocked with fresh ice. The only thing I could complain about was the dining room service. From what I could tell it was our server who was just slow and once again not very personable like some of the others I was seeing, I honestly think he may have been new to the job. We were in no hurry so no big deal. However trying to get a cocktail in the dining room was next to impossible, the drink server would take the order but not get back for a good 15 minutes or longer and at one point he never came back with our after dinner drinks so we just left.
The entertainment was excellent and I enjoyed the seaside theater as well.

Our ports were Key West…. We rented scooters and cruised the island stopping at all the highlights as well as the shops. A couple did get left behind and were yelling and screaming at the pier.

Grand Cayman….. We anchored on the north side of the island due to high winds and choppy water. We visited the stingray bar and did some snorkeling.

Jamaica….. What a beautiful place! We did Dunn’s River Falls and some small private beach then a little shopping. The only pushy islanders we incurred were at the falls. I did climb the falls my friend watched.

Getting off the boat was a breeze and the flight home was good.
Things I discovered was I like the 4/5 day cruises the best, six night was too long for me, maybe if my D/H & D/S were with me I would feel different and the other thing was I could cruise solo on a short cruise.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Admiral

AG - glad you enjoyed your cruise. We sailed Freedom in February and had a similar experience with the bar service in the dining room. Almost worth getting a wine package so the server could take care of things.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old December 7th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Default Rodeway Inn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
I finally got around to writing a brief Freedom cruise review.

I want to start off by saying it was a very nice cruise I pretty much loved everything about the Freedom. The ship was spotless, the crew was nice and the food was good for today’s cruise standards.

We flew in the day before and stayed at the Roadway Inn. Are room was a new room very clean and comfortable with free transportation to from the airport and to the cruise port. I would stay there again hands down.

We were on board by noon bypassing the very long line of people waiting to check in, VIP I love it! Went to out cabin 7317 around 1:30 and found a spacious cabin with a ton a storage space, even with three ladies we had more than enough room. The cabin itself was a little smaller then what we’ve had in the past but was by no means small. Our cabin steward Ana was very businesslike and not very personable but that was fine with us she did a great job keeping our room clean and stocked with fresh ice. The only thing I could complain about was the dining room service. From what I could tell it was our server who was just slow and once again not very personable like some of the others I was seeing, I honestly think he may have been new to the job. We were in no hurry so no big deal. However trying to get a cocktail in the dining room was next to impossible, the drink server would take the order but not get back for a good 15 minutes or longer and at one point he never came back with our after dinner drinks so we just left.
The entertainment was excellent and I enjoyed the seaside theater as well.

Our ports were Key West…. We rented scooters and cruised the island stopping at all the highlights as well as the shops. A couple did get left behind and were yelling and screaming at the pier.

Grand Cayman….. We anchored on the north side of the island due to high winds and choppy water. We visited the stingray bar and did some snorkeling.

Jamaica….. What a beautiful place! We did Dunn’s River Falls and some small private beach then a little shopping. The only pushy islanders we incurred were at the falls. I did climb the falls my friend watched.

Getting off the boat was a breeze and the flight home was good.
Things I discovered was I like the 4/5 day cruises the best, six night was too long for me, maybe if my D/H & D/S were with me I would feel different and the other thing was I could cruise solo on a short cruise.

Did you meet Izzy ,he's a great guy .
Old December 7th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Admiral

Yes we did..... He is very nice and what a busy guy!

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old December 7th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_rd View Post
AG - glad you enjoyed your cruise. We sailed Freedom in February and had a similar experience with the bar service in the dining room. Almost worth getting a wine package so the server could take care of things.

I saw people bringing in their own drinks.

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014