Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 31st, 2011, 04:10 PM
Familiar Face

Problem with Galveston and NOLA are limited destinations. Soon both will offer large discounts, then Carnival will move some ships out or expand destinations.
Old December 31st, 2011, 05:48 PM
Admiral

Interesting thinking on RCCL and New Orleans.

I was just reading (and for the life of me can't remember where...probably USA Today) that RCCL was having issues booking up their New Orleans ship and "perhaps" rethinking their status there.

I think Carnival will do ok. I don't think they will break any records.

I do know that Carnival promised New Orleans that they would have 2 ships there again (after Katrina) and Carnival has now honored that promise.

Now it is up to the cruising public to keep them both there.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old January 1st, 2012, 02:28 PM
Admiral

From New Orleans you can get from the Bahamas to Central America along with the usual Western Caribbean ports.

RCL is such a poorly run company, they may well bail prematurely.

NCL was the first back in the city after Katrina and seems committed to the city.

I doubt Carnival is going anywhere.

On prices, how does Florida compare to New Orleans. Seems to me you can find bargains out of Florida, too.
Old January 1st, 2012, 09:06 PM
Familiar Face

Beings we are in Indiana it is much easier drive to NOLA for us then the other ports...and much more to do there then lets say Mobile....We like to visit NOLA for the coffee and seafood, and dont mid the seedy part of town since we dont go that direction

Old January 2nd, 2012, 10:45 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoAlaskans View Post
Beings we are in Indiana it is much easier drive to NOLA for us then the other ports...and much more to do there then lets say Mobile....We like to visit NOLA for the coffee and seafood, and dont mid the seedy part of town since we dont go that direction
Hey, small world! I am your neighbor to the south just a few minutes away from the Beef House... I agree completely about sailing from NOLA, we like to sail from ports that are within a days drive. NOLA, NYC are two of our favorite ports. I don't mind sailing from any port really, but it is so nice to be able to not have to deal with airlines and all that rot when we can hop in the car, and it saves us a lot of money by driving. For the 4 of us to fly it would be at least $350 each. We can drive for a few hundred dollars.

Read and post cruise reviews

Last edited by beenie weenie; January 2nd, 2012 at 10:50 PM.