Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2012, 09:07 AM
Familiar Face

Smile Cruise on Destiny

Just got back from our first cruise on the Destiny. We cruised from Dec 26 and returned to Miami on Dec 31. This is not our 1st cruise, just the first time on the Destiny. We stopped at Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk and Nassau. Loved the ship! We went to the dining room for breakfast so I could have the eggs benedict. It was great. Also, found it on the buffet and it was very good also. Went to the MDR for dinner and loved it. Pizza was very good also - better than I thought it would be. The only thing I didn't like about the breakfast buffet was the "hashbrowns". They reminded me of McDonalds hashbrowns - they were round and hard.

We ordered room service once and it took almost an hour to arrive, but that's because we called for it at about 7pm. My 7 year old grandson loves room service.

Our room was always clean and all of the crew we encountered were very friendly. I was used to having a mini fridge with cold coke in it, but the room we were in didn't have this. I should have checked on it before we left. It was not a problem. I'd buy Coke in cans at the bar by the pool and get ice in a glass.

They still do the photos in the slots where you have to find your own. We never did find the ones taken in the dining room, but we found other ones that were taken in Grand Turk, etc.

We took a taxi to Atlantis - the first time we ever ventured out on our own. We had always done ship excursions. Thanks to everyone that had told me how easy it was - you were so right!!

I really enjoyed the Destiny and would book it again!
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

CG, how nice you had such a wonderful holiday cruise,and such nice words about the Destiny. I toured her in Boston when she was brand new,and I remember how BIG, she was!

I bet your grandson was thrilled with all the kids onboard! How was it to be at sea at Chrismas?

We always say, in certain ports, it's so easy to do it on your owns, o glad you find our firsthand Anything else booked?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator