Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Carnival breeze -June 27 th date-

Anyone going on this ship- are u doing ant side trips ? On own or with ship ? Does anyone no any good side trips in Rome- that get u into sites faster? Smaller - more private vans or cars? Also what to see in other ports?
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

I've done Rome on my own from the cruise port in Civitavecchia twice and find it quite easy, if you have done the research ahead of time. There is an all day train ticket from Civitavecchia to Rome and back with all metro and bus transportation included all day for 9 euros called the BIRG ticket. For more info, you can check out my site in my signature. I have a page on doing Rome on your own as well as a podcast devoted to the subject with a full itinerary Cruize Cast

You can also hire a private driver; there are many good companies, but they are comparatively very expensive.
Old January 28th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hair babe View Post
Anyone going on this ship- are u doing ant side trips ? On own or with ship ? Does anyone no any good side trips in Rome- that get u into sites faster? Smaller - more private vans or cars? Also what to see in other ports?

We will be on this cruise. Have really not started booking anything other than a place to stay overnight in Rome. We are cruising on the Oasis in 3 weeks and on the Allure in April, so after that we will start looking at what we are going to do on the Breeze.