CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Switching cabins when we get there (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/387335-switching-cabins-when-we-get-there.html)

openwater January 27th, 2012 08:13 AM

Switching cabins when we get there

My family has just booked a cruise on Freedom. We have two cabins across the hall from each other. My husband and I each had onboard credit certificates from a previous cruise so we had to put one of our names on each cabin with one of the kids to get the credit. My question is this: When we get to the port and register can my card be switched to go with my husbands cabin and both my kids cards together for the cabin across the hall? My kids are 15 and 13.
I hope this makes sense.

Donna January 27th, 2012 09:38 AM

Yes, people do that all the time, as long as the numbers stay the same, 2 in each, you will be fine.

openwater January 27th, 2012 09:49 AM

Thank you so much!

johnthed0g January 27th, 2012 09:56 AM

Just swop cards??

openwater January 27th, 2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnthed0g (Post 1412173)
Just swop cards??

I thought about that, but my card would have charging priveleges and we would need our own cards when getting on and off the ship.

skymaster January 28th, 2012 08:25 AM

Like Donna says, just go to the pursers desk, and explain what you want to do, and they'll be more than happy to "fix" the cards for you. Should be no problem.

"SKY"

openwater January 28th, 2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skymaster (Post 1412323)
Like Donna says, just go to the pursers desk, and explain what you want to do, and they'll be more than happy to "fix" the cards for you. Should be no problem.

"SKY"

Sky, should we wait until we get on the ship and do it at the purser's desk or can we tell the person at check-in who gives us our cards?

Mike M January 28th, 2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by openwater (Post 1412337)
Sky, should we wait until we get on the ship and do it at the purser's desk or can we tell the person at check-in who gives us our cards?

You will need to do it at the Purser's Desk after you board.

Take care and have a great cruise.
Mike

FoxPaws75 February 7th, 2012 04:01 PM

My understanding was that minors needed to have an adult in the room with them, but I might be mistaken...maybe kids are allowed to be in the room next door as well...sorry, it's been awhile since my Kids were actually children (at least in age...).

kelzbelz77 February 8th, 2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoxPaws75 (Post 1414099)
My understanding was that minors needed to have an adult in the room with them, but I might be mistaken...maybe kids are allowed to be in the room next door as well...sorry, it's been awhile since my Kids were actually children (at least in age...).

Carnival's policy regarding guests traveling alone or traveling with minors:
Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:
Guests Under the Age of 21 Traveling with Parents / Grandparents
Guests under the age of 13
Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, only if booked next door or directly across the hall from the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.
Note: Minors 13 and under may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents"; this also applies to connecting staterooms.
Guests 13 - 17 years of age
Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, by up to 3 staterooms in between the minor stateroom and the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.
Note: Minors age 13 may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

openwater February 13th, 2012 08:59 AM

That is good to know, KelzBelz. My kids will be 13 and 15 when we travel and our cabins are directly across the hall from each other. We should be fine.