CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Platinum Level (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/387542-carnival-platinum-level.html)

corky700 February 7th, 2012 02:39 PM

Carnival Platinum Level

Do you gain Carnival Platinum status on booking or after sailing your 10th cruise ? I currently have 9 completed sailings so will my 10th cruise be platinum while on board ? Thanks,

briguy February 7th, 2012 03:36 PM

You will be Platinum on your 10th cruise.

MTL February 7th, 2012 07:05 PM

platinum

Hi,
You will get platinum after your 10th cruise completed.
MTL

Barryn514 February 7th, 2012 07:17 PM

When you book your 10th cruise, will will be Platinum. Copied off the CCL website.

Quote:

At Carnival, it is a pleasure to welcome you aboard again, and again. In fact -- starting with your second Carnival sailing -- you will become a Gold Member of our Past Guest Recognition program. With only your tenth sailing -- you'll qualify for the benefits of a Platinum member.

aerospace February 7th, 2012 08:01 PM

"with your 10th sailing" ...not your 10th booking, seems like you will be able to use your benefits on the 11th.

It's kinda lame, it would seem like they should reward you for booking(yes technically they run the risk of you canceling). IE. If your at 8, want the benefits of 10 but will go ahead and book one for March and one for December, why not reward you already? Everyone wins!

Barryn514 February 7th, 2012 08:06 PM

Maybe I misunderstood what they told me on the phone. After you complete your 9th cruise the 10th one, you are Platinum.

1948BUDDY February 7th, 2012 08:12 PM

STARTING with your 10th cruise is platinum, for now , anyway. We have 8 , and three booked, keeping our fingers crossed for when the new points program kicks in.

Barryn514 February 7th, 2012 08:18 PM

Really not a big deal with us as we normally get a suite so get almost the same perks as Platinum. VIP boarding and such.

corky700 February 8th, 2012 08:56 AM

I cant get a straight answer from Carnival either on this one. Half of you said Platinum on my 10th sailing and half said Platinum after my 10th sailing (11th sailing)

Does anyone know for sure ??

Master Chief February 8th, 2012 09:22 AM

When we booked our 10th cruise and made the final payment, the luggage tags and pre boarding papers all said VIP. When we checked in at the terminal we were directed to the VIP line and then issued Platinum Sign and Sail cards. So from that experience, I would say as soon as you make final payment on your 10th cruise you are considered Platinum. At least that is what happened to us. That was in March 2010.

kelzbelz77 February 8th, 2012 02:20 PM

After you complete nine, your next cruise is your platinum cruise. Just did mine on the Miracle. Like others posted, your boarding pass and luggage tags will have VIP.

I love it!! That was the best feeling. :mrgreen:

Barryn514 February 8th, 2012 03:12 PM

I posted what there website says.

Quote:

With only your tenth sailing -- you'll qualify for the benefits of a Platinum member.
I called my rep from CCL and he just told me, when you pay for your 10th cruise, then you will be Platinum on that cruise.

briguy February 9th, 2012 12:32 PM

Yes, final answer. You are Platinum while sailing on your 10th cruise. End of thread...:D

Gail4cruising February 12th, 2012 02:30 AM

I rec Platinum card at/on my 10th cruise.

krunch February 12th, 2012 10:25 AM

After all these posts, and confusion, you should have thought of it this way.

You were "Gold" at the beginning of your second cruise right? This is also spelled out on the Carnival site IIRC. So, you should be platinum at the beginning of your 10th cruise. Why would Carnival change the way they looked at your status for your 10th cruise, but not your 2nd one?

Congrats by the way, we are 1/2 way there :P

Krunch

gsm623 March 30th, 2012 10:52 PM

Do you mean 10 Carnival Cruises or 10TH Cruise of any line

big apple March 30th, 2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gail4cruising (Post 1415023)
I rec Platinum card at/on my 10th cruise.

You will receive your award on your 10 th cruise and on others you must have completed to receive your goodies.

skymaster March 31st, 2012 08:04 AM

Yep,,,on your TENTH cruise, you will be VIP, and receive the platinum card.

"SKY"

flowers March 31st, 2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briguy (Post 1414096)
You will be Platinum on your 10th cruise.

OP I am platinum and 100% sure that this is the correct answer.

I am sure. When you board your 10th cruise you will be platinum. If you are a no show .. then not platinum. yes, to the above question .. on your 10th CARNIVAL cruise.

swalkenshaw1 July 8th, 2012 11:00 AM

Not Anymore

Carnival has now changed their policy. You must have sailed with them for 75+ days before you are platinum. I have just not been happy with Carnival lately and they may have already seen the last of my business. All they want is my $$$ now.

Gypsywych July 8th, 2012 12:08 PM

You have until December 2013 to make it to 10 cruises, and you will still be Platinum.

Cruise Cat July 8th, 2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swalkenshaw1 (Post 1437221)
Carnival has now changed their policy. You must have sailed with them for 75+ days before you are platinum. I have just not been happy with Carnival lately and they may have already seen the last of my business. All they want is my $$$ now.

Not true. I just printed my docs 2 days ago for our cruise (10th) coming up next month (which I only booked about 2 weeks ago) and all of our docs and luggage tags say Platinium and/or VIP. After this cruise, we will still not have achieved the 75 days but will still be a few short.

Cruise Cat July 8th, 2012 12:55 PM

Their FAQ still states:

More Information | Cruise Loyalty Program | Carnival Cruise Lines
Quote:

Q: I was only a sail or two away from becoming Platinum in the previous recognition program. Is there anything I can do to reach the Platinum level?

A: We understand the investments guests have made over the years, and wed like to thank and acknowledge guests who were near advancement in the previous program.

Any guest that sails at least 10 times by December 31, 2013, will be grandfathered into the Platinum level under the old program rules.

And, once a guest begins his/her 10th sailing, s/he will be considered Platinum in the new program on that 10th sailing.

zydecocruiser July 8th, 2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsywych (Post 1437242)
You have until December 2013 to make it to 10 cruises, and you will still be Platinum.

No matter how many cruises you currently have.

The two programs overlap until that time.

Barryn514 July 8th, 2012 02:26 PM

Just was on my profile on CCL website and this is what it is saying.

Quote:

Close to advancing to Platinum in our old program? Cruise once in the next 12 months and you’ll automatically advance to Platinum in the VIFP Club.
And our next cruise will be 10 in Dec. From what I was told on the phone that once you reach what ever level by Dec of 2013 you will be grandfathered regardless of how many points you have. I think that is what most of us are saying. ;)

hyprcast August 20th, 2012 02:43 PM

Update - August 20

Hey Everyone,

I am cruising out of New Orleans Aug 25th, 5 days from now. This is my 10th cruise so i assumed I would be Platinum. I am Platinum now but it took a little work and a few phone calls to be honest.

There seems to be some glitch in the computer system if you are grandfathered in and do not have 75 points under the new program. I booked the cruise and paid in full. All of my cruise docs said Gold, My account said Gold, etc. Etc.

After calling 2 different departments, I finally got in with of all departments tech support. They looked at the cruise history and said they submitted me as Platinum and to check back in 24 hours.

I did check back in 24 hours and it still showed Gold. I them went to look at the luggage tags and boarding passes again and sure enough all said VIP and it listed me as Platinum on Boarding pass now.

So, I believe it is on the 10th sailing not after but be prepared to work for it a little, not that you should have to, just reporting what I have found today.

zydecocruiser August 20th, 2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyprcast (Post 1442790)
Hey Everyone,

I am cruising out of New Orleans Aug 25th, 5 days from now. This is my 10th cruise so i assumed I would be Platinum. I am Platinum now but it took a little work and a few phone calls to be honest.

There seems to be some glitch in the computer system if you are grandfathered in and do not have 75 points under the new program. I booked the cruise and paid in full. All of my cruise docs said Gold, My account said Gold, etc. Etc.

After calling 2 different departments, I finally got in with of all departments tech support. They looked at the cruise history and said they submitted me as Platinum and to check back in 24 hours.

I did check back in 24 hours and it still showed Gold. I them went to look at the luggage tags and boarding passes again and sure enough all said VIP and it listed me as Platinum on Boarding pass now.

So, I believe it is on the 10th sailing not after but be prepared to work for it a little, not that you should have to, just reporting what I have found today.

I recommend printing out a copy of your cruise history, just in case, and bring with you. Stranger things have happened.

hyprcast August 21st, 2012 05:02 PM

Cruise Documents

Got a call from Carnival thanking me for being a Platinum member, so I guess whatever I did Worked. I asked them what to look for on my paperwork to make sure. Here is what your paperwork will look like once you are in fact Platinum

http://hyprcastserver.com/tools/cura...s/Carnival.jpg

bulldogsrus August 24th, 2012 06:22 PM

10th as long as you complete the 10th before the end of 2013.

lhp August 24th, 2012 06:47 PM

The "proof" will be when you print out the documents for your 10th cruise and the Fun Pass and Luggage Tags say....VIP....

(as long as that 10th cruise is before December 31, 2013.)