Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Admiral

Smile Question to those that have cruised Carnival to Alaska

Haven't been here in a while. I last cruised in March 2010 with my mom on the Imagination, to Key West & Cozumel. Had a fantastic time, though my trip down from Chicago was horrible due to a snow delay out of O'hare then needing to re-schedule my Dallas/Ft Worth flight and I ended up landing at FLL at 3:30 a.m. on a Sunday morning, taking off from DFW at 12:05 a.m. - the time we were supposed to land in FLL. Spent just over 3.5 hours on the plane on the runway in DFW waiting to be de-iced. I think they either only have one de-icer there or at least only one was working that day. What a nightmare! We had window seats in the dining room for every meal except for onw - were we sat at a round table ewith other midwesterners! We even saw a submarine (one of ours!) one night as the sun was setting. Here are the links to my FB albums from the cruise.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=9e30a7c874

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=d028d7c552

No cruises planned for now, my son started college and my ex is not contributing a penny (deadbeat a-hole that he is) so I don't know when I may cruise again. I hope I can take my son on a college graduation cruise to Alaska.

I'd like to hear your experiences cruising to Alaska and which Carnival ships go there, best balcony cabins to aim for, etc...

Never too early to start doing research!

Thanks, and I hope everyone is having a great year so far!

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Familiar Face

I wouldn't give any advise on the rooms, excursions, etc. All I can say is that our experience on both of our Alaskan cruises was super! Here are MANY photos of the last cruise on the Carnival Spirit, which will do this run for the last time this year. Hopefully you'll get some ideas from a couple of the pix.
ALASKAN CRUISE
Old February 11th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Banned
Captain

Hi,

Though I have'nt cruised with Carnival in some time (I now cruise with Celebrity) I have cruised to Alaska.

The cruise started in Los Angelos stopped in San Fransico, Seattle, Vancover then itto Alaska stopping at all the major ports.

I can tell you Alaska was one on the most beautiful places I have ever been to. I have been to just about every Island in the Carribean, and the Panama Canal. (Bermuda is right there at the top of the list also)

The tours are fantastic but very pricey. My wife and I took a helicopter tour and landed on top of a glacier, FANTASTIC but the cost for both about 7 years ago was close to $450.00

Most of the tours are very expensive but they all are wonderful...Everything from a kodiac raft tour to taking a old time train into a gold rush town.

The price of the Celebrity cruise with tours and our airfare from the east coast ran about $7000 after all was said and done, keep in mind that was about 7 years ago...But if you can pull it off trust me you will not be dissapointed. (with Alaska that is, Not sure about the Carnival line because we cruised with Celebrity. But I am sure it would be fine.
Old February 15th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Carnival only sends one ship there, Carnival Spirit and this is the last year for that ship. Next year it will be Carnival Miracle, the same class and layout as Spirit.

Here are lots of pictures from our Carnival Spirit Alaska cruise:
Carnival Spirit - Northbound Alaska - May 27-Jun 3, 2009 - Main