CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Shuttle - Orlando to Port Canaveral (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/387761-shuttle-orlando-port-canaveral.html)

beachbum13 February 17th, 2012 05:52 PM

Shuttle - Orlando to Port Canaveral

A group of my friends and I are looking in to taking a cruise. One of the cruises we are looking at is on November 3, 2012 on
Carnival's Carnival Dream. My question is does anybody have any information on shuttles from the airport in Orlando to the Port???:?:

Trip February 17th, 2012 05:59 PM

Check these out......

http://aroundtheclockusa.com/ http://www.aceluxury.com/acerates.htm

aerospace February 17th, 2012 06:06 PM

I've used Shuttle Service to Port Canaveral Cruise Lines: portcanaveralshuttleservice.com ~ Rates before. Pickup from airport was very fast and friendly. Benefit of this one is the more people going the less you pay per person as many charge a flat fee.

If you want peace of mind most if not all of the lines now offer this service to and from the airport although they tend to charge a bit more and it is a flat fee per person. For 1-2 that's cheap, if you have 8 people you'd be better off with your own van in an outside company. Also they will hold the ship if your running late or fly you to the next port in the off chance you don't make it on time.

Airport is quite far from the port so taxi is not likely going to be your best option unless you arrive late and need to get to the port fast.

Trip February 17th, 2012 06:48 PM

Just an fyi....Using the cruise line shuttle, you need to wait for the bus to fill up, & if you need it for back to the aiport, it stops at all the terminals.

beachbum13 February 18th, 2012 11:51 AM

:-) Thanks

krunch February 23rd, 2012 09:29 AM

We are looking into a group cruise out of the same port and likley flying into the same airport. I have not compared the options yet but depending on the size of your group, maybe rent passenger vans from a car rental place and drive yourselves. Split the total cost to each person.

Krunch

HawkeyeFLA February 23rd, 2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1415996)
Just an fyi....Using the cruise line shuttle, you need to wait for the bus to fill up, & if you need it for back to the aiport, it stops at all the terminals.

I assume you're talking about airport terminals? MCO only has two. And they're big but not huge. And connected by a large atrium inbetween. If you need A and get off at B, it's a short walk across to A. Lower level arrivals are really only where you have to pay closer attention to which terminal you need to be at.

Meh, I spent way too much time in and out of that airport when I drove for a courier service, but I do know my way around it pretty well now. :)

Trip February 24th, 2012 08:41 AM

Wow, small for an airport! When we took the shuttle service to get to Galveston, we were thrilled to see the bus finally come, only to stop and stop,and stop some more...then we had an hr and a half ride to the poert...big is not always better.:)

HawkeyeFLA February 24th, 2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1417248)
Wow, small for an airport! When we took the shuttle service to get to Galveston, we were thrilled to see the bus finally come, only to stop and stop,and stop some more...then we had an hr and a half ride to the poert...big is not always better.:)

Well, that's really just describing the main building. The actual terminals with gates are quite large. It actually sucks in the grand scheme tho. The space really isn't large enough for the lines that TSA gets.

cateyes2u February 27th, 2012 03:25 PM

I hope this helps. It was the cheapest I found.

Shuttle Service Only $39 per person

PRICE GUARANTEE: WE WILL BEAT ANY PRICE CHARGE BY OTHER COMPANIES FOR SIMILAR SERVICE EVEN AFTER YOU BOOK. BOOK WITH CONFIDANCE.

We provide shuttle service transportation to Port Canaveral from Orlando Airport (MCO) and from Orlando airport area hotels. Our Port Canaveral shuttle service will get you to and from Port Canaveral cruise ship terminals for only $39 per person round trip.

Call 800-921-4337 Ext. 101.
http://www.orlandodisneylimo.com/ima...ner/bottom.jpg
Shuttle Service Only $39 per person

Jacobs March 13th, 2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachbum13 (Post 1415983)
A group of my friends and I are looking in to taking a cruise. One of the cruises we are looking at is on November 3, 2012 on
Carnival's Carnival Dream. My question is does anybody have any information on shuttles from the airport in Orlando to the Port???:?:

Hi there, beachbum13!
Last spring my family and a group friends of ours took the Carnival Dream cruise too. I suppose that you are informed about the unique entertainment and unforgettable experience it offers. You guys should try all dining opportunities – everything is so amazing and delicious. I still remember the taste of the juice steak I tried at the steakhouse. And definitely do not miss the sports bar – the men from our company could stay there forever . But my wife said she wants to stay in the hair & beauty salon instead. It was so much fun so we wanted to do it again and of course that will happen as soon as possible. But lets get back to your question I highly recommend using the services of LuxTransO if you are looking for reliable friendly transportation to Port Canaveral. They have luxurious and comfortable vans – all at budget-friendly flat prices. The attendance is on high level and their servants are very professional and smiling. The driver was already there, in front of the airport, waiting for us. The pickup was fast and we left. Very soon we arrived at the port. You can get a quote on their website Private Orlando Airport (MCO) to Port Canaveral Transportation or contact via Facebook or Twitter.

kstanev March 30th, 2013 10:49 PM

Cruise Suttle

i have something better:cool:

Welcome to Port Canaveral Transportation Shuttle Services by Orlando Transportation Group. We offer one-way and round-trip shuttle services to and from Port Canaveral, offering pick-ups and drop-offs at Orlando International Airport (MCO) and many Orlando-area airport hotels. Our shuttle buses depart daily from Orlando and Port Canaveral and provide comfortable and cost-effective transportation for individuals and groups who have cruise vacations booked out of Port Canaveral.Port Canaveral Transportation | Orlando to Port Canaveral Shuttles

BScott01 September 14th, 2013 05:04 PM

Shuttle to port canaveral

We have sailed out of port canaveral 4 times now and have used Tropicana Transportation the last 2 times. They were professional, on time, clean vehicle and among the lowest price. Certainly will use them again if we cruise out of port canaveral in the future. First cruise, we tried Travelynx and was not impressed. Second time we tried CBS ( I think it stands for Cocoa Beach Shuttle ) and was very disappointed with them. Glad we came across Tropicana the third time and also used them our last cruise. There was another company that was slightly cheaper but we didn't want to take the risk and we were relieved that we didn't because we saw that company at the port when we were being picked up and the vehicle was on the verge of ridiculous with a driver that looked hung-over.
The best advice we can give is Tropicana Transportation.
Hope this helps and happy cruising!