Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to purpledevilduck
Default Craziness with Carnival

I had booked two cabins on the Feb 10, 2013 on the Carnival Valor. I got a call from my travel agent on Friday telling me that Carnival has canceled the cruise as they were moving the Valor from Miami to a different port. I have a feeling that the move was due to needing another ship in Europe. It has been very frustrating but I am Very glad that I am using a travel agent. We are re-booking on the Liberty.

Has anyone experience this?
Carnival Valor Sept/Oct 2007
Carnival Freedom Jan 2010
Carnival Liberty Feb 2013

Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Looks like they are rotating Valor down to San Juan. I don't know if Carnival will be in the European market in February.

Glad you landed on your feet on Liberty.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Star Clippers: Royal Clipper 2015
Old February 28th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Administrator
Admiral

This actually happens quite often, especially to people who book a year or more in advance. Ships will be repositioned or a private group will charter the entire ship and those already booked have their cruises canceled.

Depending on how close to the sail date your are you may get some additional compensation other than just your deposit returned. If it's a year or so off you usually don't get anything else.

I'm glad you were able to find another cruise that meets your needs. I'll be on Liberty this weekend and we'll try to leave it intact for you.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 28th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Admiral

I agree 100% with Mike. The further out you book, the more likely you'll get "bumped" from your ship. Frankly, I think you "done good" anyway. (That's the way we say it in the South!) In my opinion, "Liberty" is a better ship than "Valor". Just my opinion....

"SKY"
Old March 1st, 2012, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I have never been on Valor but have been on Liberty twice. Nice ship and she has had the upgrades to 2.0. Wishing you a fantastic cruise on Liberty.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain