Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Familiar Face

Default Carnival Dream Balcony Cabin Selection Advice Needed!

Hey all,

My other half and I are traveling with our twin 12 year old sons on the Carnival Dream Memorial day weekend and I am stuck on which cabin to get.

I can get a cove balcony which is on deck 2 and close to the restaurant and theater and the boys carnival kids club. Or i can get a balcony cabin up on deck 8 which is closer to the pools and the lido buffet restaurant.

I was told that I would not like a deck 8 balcony because you are always looking down on people walking around on the lanai on deck 6 and could not really see the ocean. Any balcony cabin above deck 6 has no privacy is what i was told.

I want to see the ocean but also want it be convient cabin for both the boys and myself too!!! Anybody have an opinion on this.

Please let me know i as I have to book today.

Thanks
Stefen
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Admiral

We have not sailed Dream. Many people seem to like the cove balconies, you are close to the water and really get a sense of sailing. If you have really bad weather Carnival will close you in.
The lanai is not so wide as to block your ocean view - it is a big ocean and a relatively small deck.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old March 8th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

When we were on the Dream, we had a balcony cabin on deck 8 (8246). this was the view from our balcony..... Plenty of ocean to view!!

Previous Cruises since 1985 Carnival (32) - Holiday X4, Jubilee, Celebration X3, Fantasy X2, Ecstasy, Sensation X2, Fascination X2, Destiny X2, Victory, Triumph X2, Glory X2, Legend X3, Pride X2, Miracle X3, Dream, Splendor
Cunard - Countess
NCL - Norway
Premier - Rembrandt
Celebrity - Zenith
RCI - Explorer of the Seas

Old March 8th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Admiral

I would go with deck 8... might be fun to people watch!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 8th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Admiral

Jamman, just wanted to say, great photo! We'll be on the Dream in September in (as of now) a Cove Balcony.

dobytn, as Green rd said, please remember that if the sea's are bad, your door to the balcony of a Cove Balcony will be closed (from the outside).

If you want a balcony you can always use, I'd suggest you book something a little higher !

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old March 8th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Admiral

Dobyt,, Ive been on the Dream twice. I have never stayed in a cove balcony but like someone said, they have water tight doors in case the water gets rough that they can close, thus you run the risk of losing the use of your balcony--that's not too likley to happen but something to think about. Whoever told you there was no privacy above deck 6 on the baclonies did not know what they were talking about. The balconies are all built into the side of the ship and are not tiered, or staggered the way they are on some Princes ships, wherein some baclonies are uncoverd, some partially covered, etc-- on the Dream you do not have that problem.
You asked, so as I've sailed the Dream twice, I would opt for the deck 8 balcony. First time we sailed the Dream we had a balcony on deck 7, the second time deck 8. Although the ship is a big ship, it's not so big that walking a few steps is going to exhaust you and especially 2 -12 year olds !!
Look at Jamman's photos--you can see plenty of ocean from deck 8.
happy sails!