Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Carnival Does The Right Thing....... and it was easy

On my 3/3/12 Carnival Liberty cruise we had a propulsion problem. There is a thread on this forum about it.

Because of this problem Carnival offered to reimburse everyone $200/pp for the change fees for airfare.

My wife and I had a 1:00 p.m. flight and had to change to the next day at 4:30 p.m.. Because of this we incurred a change fee of $189/pp and an overnight hotel of $175 for us and my nephew and his girlfriend. I submitted my expenses to the icare@carnival.com email address and a few days ago I received an email requesting documentation that the Priceline hotel rooms were charged to my credit card. I went online to my credit card company and copied the details of my Priceline transaction and attached that to my response.

Yesterday, I received confirmation that Carnival will cover the change fees and the hotel charge and that the check's in the mail.

So, if the accounting department prints and mails the check and USPS doesn't lose it then all is well. I'm not even going to bother to file a travel insurance claim for the cost of meals for the layover. I had too much fun.

You hear stories about how it is such a problem to deal with Carnival and I have to say that I wish dealing with every company was this easy.

I just have to say: Thanks Carnival for doing the right thing.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Admiral

I've cruised with Carnival twice with no problem. Honestly, everything that I've heard about Carnival makes it seem like they are the easiest cruise line to deal with if there is a problem. Cheers you've got things squared so easily.
Old March 27th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Admiral

That is very good to hear Mike. Of course I am sure that when you filed with them you only stated facts and were polite in requesting the extra money. I am sure that this is the way to behave in a situation like this.

Caribbean Trip Reports
Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014, MSC Divina Oct 2014
Old March 27th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I've heard about Carnival makes it seem like they are the easiest cruise line to deal with if there is a problem. Cheers you've got things squared so easily.

Thanks,
Old March 27th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Mike,
That is one happy ending, glad they came through for you...Hopefully you will have a check in hand very soon.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 28th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Glad to hear all is worked out. I was amazed in the other thread to read they were able to repair the damage with divers during turn over in port.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Star Clippers: Royal Clipper 2015
Old March 28th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

FWIW - Carnival has always been a class act - I am not sure why people "diss" them - the company is as professional as any tourism business.

But I think they are also being especially careful these days to keep a low profile since Concordia. All of the cruise lines are, but especially Carnival.
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Administrator
Admiral

On Saturday I received my reimbursement check for the airline and hotel expenses.

Two weeks to ge the check isn't too bad.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Not bad at all Mike, glad they came through for you and in a reasonable amount of time, YES!

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Mike so glad to hear that your refund came so soon. I filed a request for some money that the State of NH had for me in their abandoned Property department. So far it is nine weeks. I have called and have been told it was approved and would be here in the next two weeks...........we shall see. I wish this process was as quick as Carnival was for you.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain