Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default WANTED: Carnival Conquest - Honduras / Belize Information

We just got back from our MAGICal vacation on Carnival Magic the first week of March 2012.

We are set to sail on Carnival Conquest first week of October 2012.
It is our 25th anniv!!

My 3rd trip on the Conquest, my husbands first.
It will be before the 2.0 upgrade - but we will have a great time she is still a fantastic ship!

Anyone been to Honduras / Belize on this tour and is it fun?

We LOVE Cozumel - it's wonderful we will be there the day of our anniversary.

We are not crazy about Jamaica - is Honduras going to be the same?

We have heard Belize is beautiful.

Thanks!
Happy Cruzin!!

Carnival Exctasy - 11-2009
Carnival Holiday - 03-2010
Carnival Conquest - 09-2010
Carnival Conquest - 09-2011
Carnival Magic - 03-2012

Next Sailing on: Carnival Conquest - 10-2012

Last edited by MelaKnee; April 7th, 2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Add Signature
Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Admiral

I haven't sailed on the Conquest but have on the Glory. Been to Belize at least 3 times it's my favorite port because of all the shore excursion options! Xuantunich Mayan Ruins is fantastic, I've also gone Cave Tubbing (very relaxing) and went snorkeling Caye Cauker Island. Do a ships excursion in Belize it's a tender port, not worth just taking the tender to shop the pier tourist center is not very nice, nor would I recommend the city tour. Belize is very poor. But parts of it are beautiful the ruins, the river, and the cays (small islands near by). If animals are your thing you might enjoy the zoo or Baboon Sanctuary (really Howler Monkeys they call them Baboons). Honduras is excellent. I did a day at Parrot Bay all inclusive resort there. Love the island and hope to go to a local beach next time to mingle more with the locals and absorb the culture. Parrot bay was very touristy quiet, pretty beach but I didn't feel like I was in another country. I Hope this helps, beautiful island much nicer then Jamaica.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old April 10th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default October Conquest

You will be docking in Honduras at Mahogany Bay which Carnival paid $62
Million dollars to build. It has a great beach, bars, shops, sky chair. and really clean and alot of fun, etc
You will be docking with the Carnival Dream that day. Look at Port Schedule on web site. I will post the web site at the end. As for Belize. The ship must park 5 miles out from shore due to shallow waters. It is about a 30 minute Tender ride to Port. Best thing here is to take a tour. The cave tubing tour is the best. If you decide to go on you own do not leave the shopping area. This is a very poor country and it is better not to go off on your own here. Have a great Cruise, Ed

Mahogany Bay Cruise Center