Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Carnival Miracle

Will be taking 1st Caribbean Cruise on Miracle May 30 (Grand Turk, Nassau and Half Moon ) any suggestion on tours or any thing else
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I hear Grand Turk is absolutely beautiful. Just to get an idea, go through the list of excursions offered by Carnival and see what interest you. If you haven't already been to Atlantis in Paradise Island in Nassau, that is worth a trip. It is a short ride from the pier and after the tour of the aquarium, you can freely walk around the pool/beach area free of charge. You just can't get into the water slides without being a guest there or a guest of the neighboring property. It is something to see and will still give you some time for shopping in downtown Nassau.

Half Moon cay is supposed to be a really nice private island, great beach day.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 18th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Familiar Face

If you're interested in seeing some photos of the ship and Grand Turk, here are our shots from a b2b in Feb/Mar, after you click on "CARNIVAL MIRACLE" below you can click SLIDESHOW to see the whole, boring thing, or just click on individual photos. Grand Turk is around #140

CARNIVAL MIRACLE CRUISE
Old April 25th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
I hear Grand Turk is absolutely beautiful. Just to get an idea, go through the list of excursions offered by Carnival and see what interest you. If you haven't already been to Atlantis in Paradise Island in Nassau, that is worth a trip. It is a short ride from the pier and after the tour of the aquarium, you can freely walk around the pool/beach area free of charge. You just can't get into the water slides without being a guest there or a guest of the neighboring property. It is something to see and will still give you some time for shopping in downtown Nassau.

Half Moon cay is supposed to be a really nice private island, great beach day.
Half Moon Cay was wonderful !!! Was there on the Ecstasy last Dec. 2011. Went horseback riding in the morning followed by nice lunch and lovely afternoon at the beach. I will be on the Miracle from New York this Dec. 16th 2012 and unfortunately no Half Moon Cay. I am a solo cruiser and wondered if there is a thread for people to "meet" prior to the cruise so that the introductions are done ahead of time and people can meet on board knowing a little bit about each other.
Old April 25th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi HB,
If you keep on going after these message boards, there is a meet on board here at Cruisemates, just look for your ship and add your post...

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 29th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Familiar Face

WOW!!! I feel like I took that cruise with you! I watched the whole slide show (it is a long one) and I was not bored. You took lots of great pictures and put them together so well. It really captures the wonderful experience of being on a cruise. I want to take the same cruise as you someday so I can borrow your slide show. I'll be going on the Miricle in Dec.
Old April 29th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Familiar Face

If you do make a slideshow of your cruise, I've found that setting it to music makes it much more enjoyable. I try to get it set in advance. We'll be on the Spirit from Hawaii to Australia in Sept. I already downloaded (I'm into 50's music) Elvis' BLUE HAWAII, Don Ho's PEARLY SHELLS, some Australian songs (TIE ME KANGAROO DOWN SPORT, WALTZING MATILDA), and (since we'll be on the seas many days) SEA CRUISE, EBB TIDE, SEA OF LOVE, etc. People just respond better to the pix when they are accompanied by appropriate music.