CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Anytime Dining Question (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/389137-anytime-dining-question.html)

davis2nd April 30th, 2012 10:49 AM

Anytime Dining Question

Hello all,

Give me your thoughts or experiences with the anytime dining option. This sounds good for my wife and I because we do not want to be constrained to one dining time. My concerns with this are; will we have to wait for seating (not a big deal but don't want to wait 45 minutes for a seat), will the quality and service be the same as regular set dining, I have heard "anytime dining" has a different area and you may get different servers, etc.

Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks for your time..

Bobby Davis

Dutchman April 30th, 2012 11:10 AM

Only 2 people you should not have to waite, all depends who else wants to eat at the same time you do. If you eat at different times you can ask for the same waiters but their area may be full.
We tried ATD 2 times and now we went back to TD we didn't care for it. Everybody is different. We like having the same waiters and time. Just something we got used to and like it that way. We go to the steakhouse 2 times each cruise and do a night on the lido if we don't feel like getting changed for dinner or the menu don't really turn us on.

green_rd April 30th, 2012 02:07 PM

We did anytime on another cruise line and greatly enjoyed it. If you are will to be seated with other diners you will probably be seated right away and will be ordering soon. If you want to have a table for two you might have to wait for it. There could be surges as people to try make the late show or right after the early show gets out.

KayAnnie April 30th, 2012 08:51 PM

The tables for two for anytime dining tend to be rather close to other tables, (close enough to hear conversations) so that might be a consideration. You could happen upon the same server on subsequent nights, but it isn't guaranteed. We like traditional dining, but we really like meeting others and having a set dining time,(as well as getting to know our serving team) but it is totally subjective.

Fern April 30th, 2012 09:11 PM

We love Anytime Dining because we don't eat in the main dining room every night. We enjoy being able to eat where and when and with the people we want. We usually ask to be seated with other's and are seated right away.

You will wait about 15 minutes to eat on "Formal Night" in Anytime, but not on a "Casual Night", especially if you ask to join other people.

Then, again, if you want a table for two any night, you'll probably have to wait longer, but I wouldn't think it would be even close to 45 minutes.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Lakers Fan April 30th, 2012 11:01 PM

We alternate from cruise to cruise .

Donna May 1st, 2012 06:34 AM

I have noticed that certain times took awhile to get through a meal, especially when going around 6:00. Started going to the buffet instead of the MDR and really enjoyed that a lot. These days, there are so many more options open to eating.

Cruznut2 May 1st, 2012 08:13 AM

I travel alone and use "Your Time Dining" I love it. I am very outgoing and enjoy meeting new people.I had different people around me every time. I have never had to wait for a table. The only thime I waited was when I arrived at the dining room before the doors opened.

Laura

JQH May 1st, 2012 10:31 AM

We did it, as a group of 8, on another cruise line and never had to wait more than 10 minutes. Sometimes we were able to make reservations.. like the night before formal night, we made a reservation. I am wondering if Carnival allows this. Anyone know?

davis2nd May 1st, 2012 01:57 PM

Great

Great feedback everyone! Keep it coming.
I am new to this board but am quickly understanding
why everyone loves it. Thanks again.

Lakers Fan May 1st, 2012 02:58 PM

Welcome to the BEST internet cruise board .