CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Valor Aft Balcony or Suite? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/389308-carnival-valor-aft-balcony-suite.html)

justnew May 10th, 2012 11:29 PM

Carnival Valor Aft Balcony or Suite?

Which would be better for a family of 3? I don't want to be on top of each other but yet if an aft balcony is just as good as a suite I'll do that. Anyone have any pictures of aft balconies or suites on the 7th deck??:confused::confused:

justnew May 11th, 2012 12:04 AM

Valor Suite or Aft

I guess my main question is, will i be sorry if i upgrade to a suite? will i wish that i had that aft view??

john_galt May 12th, 2012 10:35 AM

I've been in 7427 on the Victory and 7448 on the Conquest. Both are 'Aft-View Extended Balcony'. The rooms are the usual tiny cabin but the balcony is about twice the size and the view is wonderful! Please note the divider between the balconies is slanted and you have no privacy. You will get to know your neighbors on both sides. I wouldn't hesitate to travel in either room again.

However, three will be crowded. It depends on how much time you spend in the cabin. I've been in a suite on the Ecstacy and loved it. The suite perks aren't up to the standards of Princess or Celebrity but I enjoyed the extra space.

The wife and I tend to spend a lot of time in the room relaxing. Our last three cruises have been in Princess mini-suites (323 sq ft) or Vista suites (500+ sq ft). I used to ALWAYS regret not spending the money for a suite. Now I just write the check. We are booked in a Penthouse Suite on the Celebrity Constellation for 2014. Still looking at the Triumph for 2013.

justnew May 12th, 2012 04:07 PM

Thank you John!

Donna May 12th, 2012 05:13 PM

JOhn,
I bet you fall in love with the penthouse suite, be sure to tell us all about it.

Aerogirl May 13th, 2012 01:48 PM

We alway cruise with three and always do the suite. I think the other cabin will be too small or at least for us it would be. We like the grand suite aka penthouse or even the ocean suite works well.

Snoozeman May 13th, 2012 09:15 PM

Depends on age of your 3rd, teen would be crowded. I like the aft and would spend the $ saved on excursions. Just my opinion. Google the cabin numbers..you'll get photos.

BTW--I like the aft cabins on Valor much more than the afts on the newer Magic. They are larger on the Valor.

briguy May 13th, 2012 11:57 PM

To me the suites on Carnival arent worth it. You pay quite a bit more for more room but you dont get a lot of perks other than priority boarding. It really all depends on your family dynamics.

Kuki May 14th, 2012 12:31 AM

In my opinion the suites on Carnival ships don't even deserve to be called Penthouse Suites. They do offer more sq. feet, but are just one large room (though the bathrooms have jacuzzi tubs.... but no separate shower).

They do not have anything in common with actual suites on other cruise lines.

With the choice you're talking about, I wouldn't hesitate to take the aft cabin.

Aerogirl May 14th, 2012 10:24 AM

Just depends on how much room you like or need.

HappyHappyCruiser May 13th, 2013 07:00 PM

Aft Balcony

My family has booked 5 aft balcony cabins & 1 premium vista balcony all together on Carnival Sunshine. Do you know if it will be possible for us to open the partitions dividing the balconies? We have done this on previous regular balcony cruises before.
Thanks

Snoozeman May 13th, 2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyHappyCruiser (Post 1472986)
My family has booked 5 aft balcony cabins & 1 premium vista balcony all together on Carnival Sunshine. Do you know if it will be possible for us to open the partitions dividing the balconies? We have done this on previous regular balcony cruises before.
Thanks

Well not sure now that things may have well changed on the NEW Sunshine. You could in the past and we'll soon see for the new configuration. I'm sailing with a group that also has a combination of suites and afts on the Sunshine so let us know if you find out first.