Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Carnival Breeze FunShip Says It All

Carnival Breeze
- FunShip Says It All

The new Carnival ship is made for real interactivity for kids of all ages - and not only in the virtual sense.

The SportsZone has a Rope Course, water slides, SplashZone, games, Mini-golf and more
Master cruise director and "Ambassador of Fun" at Carnival, John Heald, starts out his introductory video to Carnival Breeze by saying... "It's absolutely the right name for her. Really is incomparable, we've never done anything like this."

Okay - it seems like the "perfect" name for a description like that would be the "Carnival Prototype" or the "Nonpareil," but the point is not lost on me that Carnival Breeze is a true departure from previous Carnival ships in many ways - from interior décor to food and entertainment offerings.

To get a better idea of what's in store for the people going to Europe to sail on Breeze this summer I just perused a number of preview videos and pictures online. As I did, I was struck by a recurring theme about the new ship: real life interactivity.

Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Cruise Maniac

Paul,

The outside adult lounge is the same as the EPIC, however with the Epic it was only for people booked into VIP suites. I must say that I am very impressed with this ship, it really is the best I have seen of Carnival!
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I only have just over a month before the Cruisemates Carnival Breeze Mediterranean cruise. I am really looking forward to this cruise and the ship. It will be interesting to see what these new innovations are like first hand.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I agree - it is a big departure for Carnival because they are using s different interior designer for the first time. I am not sure that story has REALLY gotten out yet.
Old May 19th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Familiar Face

I had just about given up on Carnival cruises (we've been on 7) but this ship has me wanting to go back and give them another shot.
Old May 21st, 2012, 09:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

I am about to book the Breeze for next May - but it is soooooooo expensive I pray it is worth it! Main reason - the ship of course but 4 ports that I've never been to. Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Aruba and Curaceo. Can anyone tell me about these ports? I love the fact the date I'm picking is an 8 night cruise --- but I hate the fact that I don't get home until Sunday night late........only to go back to reality so early Monday (besides missing my puppies..lol). Any feedback on the ship, these ports and/or itinerary? Thanks...
Old May 22nd, 2012, 10:15 AM
Administrator
Admiral

The ship is big and extremely active - how expensive is it out of curiousity?

Esssentially, it is the same floor plan as the Dream and Magic ( by Carnival) which are already out, but the decor is far more subdued leading people to believe she may draw a slightly less rowdy crowd.

Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Aruba and Curaceo...

I have found Grand Turk & Aruba to be pretty quiet, not much shopping near the port or much in the way of beaches. Curacao is the most interesting for its shopping & picture taking with its Dutch architecture. DR - it depends on where you go. If it is Samana it is also very quiet, but if it is the capital city it is active and has lots of history.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Just the basic price - Cove balcony - no insurance is 1293.00 sailing in May. Its all the additions (insurance, hotel prior, tips, excursions, transfers, air fair and baggage........etc etc etc).
Old May 23rd, 2012, 02:14 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Oh, I see, total cost. I wondered why you said it was so expensive.

In fact, I was just checking and Caribbean cruises, even on Carnival, are not a bargain right now. In fact they are pretty expensive. I was just curious how expensive they are getting.

The Med and Alaska are relative bargains this year. People are not mentioning Alaska but I am seeing a lot of low fares.