Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Breezing along with Mike

Mike, have you figured out what excursions you will be doing in the Med? Did you decide to go see "my" Taormina? Are you choo choo'ing around Europe? Please share some of the fun details....we want to vicariously be a vagabond with you & Betty this summer.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Trip:

We will start our European holiday with the Cruisemates Carnival Breeze tour. We will come into Barcelona on the 25th and spend two nights there. The is will be our fifth visit to Barcelona and we will spend more time in the Gothic District and perhaps head out of town a bit to see the surrounding countryside.

On the cruise we will be taking the train from Marseilles to a small village north of town.

In Rome we have a Cruisemates excursion with sixteen Cruisemates touring the Vatican and Rome on the first day and more of Rome on the second.

In Livorno we will do a ship's excursion to Florence.

In Messina, Croatia and Venice we will do our own thing. All are great walking around ports and Venice is the best of all.

Once we've completed the cruise we will fly to Amsterdam and meet up with Betty's cousin and wife and we'll travel by car across Germany and into Poland. We'll take four days to do this so we can stop and do some sightseeing and visit the former Labor Camp in Celle Germany where Betty was born.

Once in Poland we will visit with my Mother In Law and meet the Polish side of the family.

From Poland we will fly to East Midlands Airport and start our month long visit with family in England. We'll go everywhere from Nottingham, Leicester, Leeds, Bourn, Bath, Exeter and Brighton. I'm regretting that I developed this Celiac disease because I was looking forward to a number of Pedigree's (beer) during my stay. I have a large contingent of English relatives who are police so I will be well looked after. The last time I was there I was driven home from the pub in the back of a police car.

It's going to be a fun time and I will keep all abreast of the goings on onboard the Carnival Breeze and Kuki will be doing a Virtual Cruise.

Once we leave the ship I will make postings on what we are up to but it will be dependent on how busy we are and Internet availability.

It's going to be a grand time for sure.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 15th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Admiral

Sounds like it will be a grand time. I think you may need to rest a good long while after you get home.
Old June 15th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

All I can say is, wow...you will need to take your vitamins! Is your family city or rurally situated? How many Cruisemates onboard? Lots of pictures between you and Kuki, so we can share the good times!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 15th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Trip:

From Poland we will fly to East Midlands Airport and start our month long visit with family in England. We'll go everywhere from Nottingham, Leicester, Leeds, Bourn, Bath, Exeter and Brighton.
I was born in Derby. Enjoy

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
Old June 15th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
All I can say is, wow...you will need to take your vitamins! Is your family city or rurally situated? How many Cruisemates onboard? Lots of pictures between you and Kuki, so we can share the good times!
We have 26 Cruisemates on board ready to hit the beaches and other places of Europe.

The families on that side of the pond are almost all city folk. A few live in smaller towns. I should say they are mostly suburbanites. No one lives in the heart of the cities. My cousin and her retired policeman husband, who we'll be spending four days with, live on a river barge. We're going to do a bit of river cruising while we're there.

I'll take plenty of pictures.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me