CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Multiple discounts (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/389953-multiple-discounts.html)

tobytovar June 14th, 2012 02:41 PM

Multiple discounts

I have heard that several cruise lines offer a discount for veterans with a copy of their DD214. Does Carnival give such a discount and can you combine that with other discounts such as over 55 and repeat cruisers?

Master Chief June 14th, 2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobytovar (Post 1433030)
I have heard that several cruise lines offer a discount for veterans with a copy of their DD214. Does Carnival give such a discount and can you combine that with other discounts such as over 55 and repeat cruisers?

I am a 30 year Navy vet, over 55, Florida resident and a past cruiser with Carnival. I use a Carnival Personal Vacation Planner for my cruises. (yea, yea, I now some of you prefer a Travel Agent but so far I have been satisfied:D). She always checks all catagories and finds the cheapest. But, I can only get one discount not a multiple discount. I think that is the norm. But if I book an Early Saver with the vet rate being the cheapest at the time of booking and keep checking weekly (as I do) and a different discount (say past cruiser) is cheaper she will switch me to that rate. Hope this answers your question.

Snoozeman June 14th, 2012 04:24 PM

Yes they do, but it's not available on every sailing. You can only book in one category and Past guest, Over 55, and Military are categories so you can only choose one.

It can be used with various shareholder, FCC's, and other discounts though. Carnival is very good about this as you can not combine with Royal Caribbean.

buttons16 June 14th, 2012 06:41 PM

I am a Army veteran however no discount..I am not 55...well thats a good thing also...

Kuki June 14th, 2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttons16 (Post 1433053)
I am a Army veteran however no discount..I am not 55...well thats a good thing also...

If you're a veteran you would definitely be entitled to the military discount on several cruise lines, including Carnival, which was the cruise line the original poster was asking about.

tobytovar June 14th, 2012 09:48 PM

Thanks to all for your help. Although I use to just book online I have been using a PVP named Pilar Donvito for my last 3 cruises. I have never asked her about multiple discounts though. I would highly recommend her to anyone booking a cruise with Carnival. Thanks not only to all the responses but to all the vets for what you did.
Toby
3 tours Viet Nam

Snoozeman June 15th, 2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobytovar (Post 1433081)
Thanks to all for your help. Although I use to just book online I have been using a PVP named Pilar Donvito for my last 3 cruises. I have never asked her about multiple discounts though. I would highly recommend her to anyone booking a cruise with Carnival. Thanks not only to all the responses but to all the vets for what you did.
Toby
3 tours Viet Nam

Toby, thanks for your service. You know it was at a Friends of Chris P meeting that we got a commitment from a Carnival beard to get the Veterans meetings established on every ship in the fleet.

I'm glad you are happy with your PVP. I'm curious why he didn't offer that category to you right away. I believe they are instructed (just as air lines) to only offer the lower fares if specifically asked. It make one wonder what else they are NOT telling the customer.

tobytovar June 15th, 2012 10:25 PM

Something else that is funny. I asked her about 4 months ago about the NEW repeat cruiser program that has been discussed for 6 months on Cruise Mates and she never knew about it until recently. Or at least admitted that she finally knew about it. I have always booked with the early saver so that is the lowest rate and all others including past guest, veterans, and over 55 are more expensive.
What do you think about the VIFP program? It eliminates those that take the 3 day cruises from reaching platinum before those that take the 5 or 7 or 10 day cruises.
Next Cruise... Fascination Oct. 8th Can't wait ( as usual).

cruisissimo June 19th, 2012 04:13 PM

Military discount

Yes, on all cruises Carnival have discount for military and veterans. But as every discount, this one also is for limited number of cabins, and when they are sold out, the discount is closed. So, if you a a veteran you should book in advance. They require also DD214 as a proof to be faxed. Sometimes they have promotion - a veteran can book more than one cabin. Stay tuned and ask them about the cruises you are interested in.