Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Multiple discounts

I have heard that several cruise lines offer a discount for veterans with a copy of their DD214. Does Carnival give such a discount and can you combine that with other discounts such as over 55 and repeat cruisers?
Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2012, 02:09 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobytovar View Post
I have heard that several cruise lines offer a discount for veterans with a copy of their DD214. Does Carnival give such a discount and can you combine that with other discounts such as over 55 and repeat cruisers?
I am a 30 year Navy vet, over 55, Florida resident and a past cruiser with Carnival. I use a Carnival Personal Vacation Planner for my cruises. (yea, yea, I now some of you prefer a Travel Agent but so far I have been satisfied). She always checks all catagories and finds the cheapest. But, I can only get one discount not a multiple discount. I think that is the norm. But if I book an Early Saver with the vet rate being the cheapest at the time of booking and keep checking weekly (as I do) and a different discount (say past cruiser) is cheaper she will switch me to that rate. Hope this answers your question.

Need some cruise help?
Old June 14th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Yes they do, but it's not available on every sailing. You can only book in one category and Past guest, Over 55, and Military are categories so you can only choose one.

It can be used with various shareholder, FCC's, and other discounts though. Carnival is very good about this as you can not combine with Royal Caribbean.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old June 14th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Banned
Captain

I am a Army veteran however no discount..I am not 55...well thats a good thing also...
Old June 14th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post
I am a Army veteran however no discount..I am not 55...well thats a good thing also...
If you're a veteran you would definitely be entitled to the military discount on several cruise lines, including Carnival, which was the cruise line the original poster was asking about.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 14th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks to all for your help. Although I use to just book online I have been using a PVP named Pilar Donvito for my last 3 cruises. I have never asked her about multiple discounts though. I would highly recommend her to anyone booking a cruise with Carnival. Thanks not only to all the responses but to all the vets for what you did.
Toby
3 tours Viet Nam
Old June 15th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobytovar View Post
Thanks to all for your help. Although I use to just book online I have been using a PVP named Pilar Donvito for my last 3 cruises. I have never asked her about multiple discounts though. I would highly recommend her to anyone booking a cruise with Carnival. Thanks not only to all the responses but to all the vets for what you did.
Toby
3 tours Viet Nam
Toby, thanks for your service. You know it was at a Friends of Chris P meeting that we got a commitment from a Carnival beard to get the Veterans meetings established on every ship in the fleet.

I'm glad you are happy with your PVP. I'm curious why he didn't offer that category to you right away. I believe they are instructed (just as air lines) to only offer the lower fares if specifically asked. It make one wonder what else they are NOT telling the customer.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old June 15th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Something else that is funny. I asked her about 4 months ago about the NEW repeat cruiser program that has been discussed for 6 months on Cruise Mates and she never knew about it until recently. Or at least admitted that she finally knew about it. I have always booked with the early saver so that is the lowest rate and all others including past guest, veterans, and over 55 are more expensive.
What do you think about the VIFP program? It eliminates those that take the 3 day cruises from reaching platinum before those that take the 5 or 7 or 10 day cruises.
Next Cruise... Fascination Oct. 8th Can't wait ( as usual).
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Military discount

Yes, on all cruises Carnival have discount for military and veterans. But as every discount, this one also is for limited number of cabins, and when they are sold out, the discount is closed. So, if you a a veteran you should book in advance. They require also DD214 as a proof to be faxed. Sometimes they have promotion - a veteran can book more than one cabin. Stay tuned and ask them about the cruises you are interested in.