CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Escargot (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/390132-escargot.html)

Master Chief June 24th, 2012 01:41 PM

Escargot

Anybody know if escargot are back on the Carnival menus? They had been taken off awhile back and were not available for a while.

nlb1050 June 24th, 2012 02:48 PM

I don't think it is, have not read anything on John's FB page about it being back. I know from the last time he wrote about it it really is not just a problem for Carnival but for all lines.

Dequindre June 24th, 2012 02:53 PM

I just went on the Pride, and it was not on the main dining room menu. I didn't go to David's Steakhouse, but I saw a recent video on Youtube of people ordering it on the steakhouse on the Pride.

Fern June 24th, 2012 10:05 PM

We were on the Carnival Magic last May and escargot were not on the menu :(.

BigMac June 27th, 2012 02:43 PM

It is not all lines for sure.. I just had escargot on the Disney Wonder around thanksgiving.

johnthed0g June 27th, 2012 05:47 PM

Never had the courage to try them but they were available on Cunard recently.

snorklr45 June 27th, 2012 07:03 PM

I've tried them twice..I should have stopped at once..LOL Not a big lover of the snails...

Master Chief June 27th, 2012 07:18 PM

I will admit it is an acquired taste. I fell in love with them during my Navy career in various parts of the world. Had great Embassy duty and loved every minute of it. However, my wife won't eat them. So I gets her's too:-)

BigMac June 29th, 2012 04:22 PM

I like to order them and share them with the table.

It gives the squimish a chance to taste one.

Manuel June 29th, 2012 05:20 PM

I love escargot and order them every chance that I get.

TM

OKGIRL June 30th, 2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMac (Post 1434637)
It is not all lines for sure.. I just had escargot on the Disney Wonder around thanksgiving.

They were still on the Carnival menu's last year. They were removed due to supply from the MDR menu after the 1st of this year and then the supply problems got even worse and they are not on the Steakhouse menu (according to a recent review of a single ship)

I didn't like the Steakhouse presentation, but I did enjoy them in the MDR. I will be glad when they are back on both menu's.

lhp June 30th, 2012 10:31 PM

Best as I understand it, there has been a terrible drought in Indonesia (which is apparently a huge supplier) ..... and this has greatly limited the availability.

I don't eat them, but hubby does.

KiwiBird July 2nd, 2012 08:41 AM

When did they remove them from the menu? I've had them on every Carnival cruise I've done. My last cruise was in May. I don't cruise in the summer. The price is too high and the children are wild and abundant.

I will cruise again in the fall and will be so disappointed with no snails on the menu in the regular dining room.

ChiTownCruiser July 2nd, 2012 03:00 PM

I don't know the exact date, but thinking it was sometime in May. I made a steakhouse reservation after it was announced hoping I could get my escargot there, but now I'm not so sure. Will have to check again closer to our September cruise and decide whether to keep steakhouse reservation or not.

KiwiBird July 2nd, 2012 10:34 PM

Thank you. I will wait to see in fall, when I cruise again. Possibly, I was cruising just before the announcement and the time they pulled it from the menu.

If it wasn't up to their standards, or not in enough quantity, I'm glad they pulled it to be fair.