CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Guy's Burgers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/390133-guys-burgers.html)

green_rd June 24th, 2012 02:20 PM

Guy's Burgers

So now that Guy Firori (or whatever his name is) has redone the burger grill, are they any better? What do you think? Is Fun 2.0 more fun?

Kuki June 24th, 2012 03:45 PM

The reports in the media have been very positive so far. I'll be boarding the Carnival Breeze on Wed. in Barcelona, so I'll be able to give a first hand evaluation :)

I'll be writing daily reports for CruiseMates, so you can read along. You'll be able to tell how good they are by how many time I say ate there :mrgreen:

Jacqueline June 24th, 2012 04:30 PM

We had the Guy burgers on the Inaugural and they are very good. Did not care for the fries much, too salty and not well cooked/fried. Yes, they are better then the "old" burgers.

Cruznut2 June 24th, 2012 04:50 PM

I know it is a burger place but are burgers and fries all they serve there? I have seen Guy cook other things on his show. I just wondered if he would offer other choices rather than a limited menu.

Laura

Jacqueline June 24th, 2012 04:57 PM

Hi Laura, it is just the burgers, they have a menu for that. Ofcourse there is a salad bar next to it. Dont know what other food Guy has, we dont know him here in Europe, but if you eat bits and pieces from all the food venues the Breeze has, you dont need Guy food :)

Donna June 24th, 2012 08:02 PM

I know that "Guy" does know his burgers, so I would think they would have to be good... Looking forward to Kuki's review of these burgers???

Mike M June 24th, 2012 08:22 PM

I was on the Liberty in March and yes, Guy's burgers are much better than the old ones. The toppings and the beef are what make them better. They are still twice cooked in order to keep up with the demand but are quite good. They have a wide variety of toppings at the toppings bar so you can load the burger up however way you like it. I personally thought the fries were very good and not over salted or seasoned.

I had a number of them, without buns, but I did like them and all of my group, who could eat the bread, also loved them.

Now the Blue Iguana burritos were another story. They were OK but were always "luke warm".

Take care,
Mike

Lakers Fan June 24th, 2012 08:37 PM

I love the burgers on HAL ships .

Fern June 24th, 2012 09:28 PM

We sailed two weeks on Carnival Magic and went to the Burger Grill many times. We thought the burger's, fries and "extra's" were very good and we didn't really need "Guy's" burgers to enjoy our lunch on our cruise.

Really, a burger is a burger and there aren't a lot of things that change it :) !

JMHO,

MikeInPennsylvania June 24th, 2012 10:24 PM

On the Breeze the burgers were good but the fries were just okay. They were sort of soggy and limp.

I often had trouble with the condiment dispensers associated with Guy's. They didn't squirt very well and were empty at times, having to keep on trying to get output.

Mike M June 25th, 2012 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fern (Post 1434297)
We sailed two weeks on Carnival Magic and went to the Burger Grill many times. We thought the burger's, fries and "extras" were very good and we didn't really need "Guy's" burgers to enjoy our lunch on our cruise.

Really, a burger is a burger and there aren't a lot of things that change it :) !

JMHO,

I have to disagree with you on your last statement. The quality of the meat, the variety and freshness of the toppings, the freshness and flavor of the bun, charcoal grilled or fried on a flat top, are all things that can make one burger better than the others.

I've had a number of burgers on ships and many left a lot to be desired. Overcooked meat that was just above room temperature, tasteless buns, lackluster toppings, only one type of cheese and while Guy's are not the greatest burger I've ever had they were better than almost any I can remember on a ship. ooops: I just remembered when NCL set up the Weber Kettles on deck and had their cookouts. Those were the best burgers I've had on a ship. I just wish they had Guy's toppings. :)

Take care,
Mike

Dequindre June 25th, 2012 01:10 PM

I just sailed on the Pride this week, and the burgers served in the main dining room were GREAT! They were cooked well, and the topping provided made for a great combination of tastes! One of the members in my party wasn't too thrilled with the Lido deck hamburgers though. If Guy can make better burgers than the good ones Carnival already has, I say go for it!

Aerogirl June 25th, 2012 04:11 PM

We thought the burgers on Carnival Freedom were really good when we had them. I'm sure Guy's burgers are very, very good!

Kentucky Cruiser June 26th, 2012 01:31 AM

Sailed the Liberty 2 wks ago. Ate Guy's burgers 4 times!! Loved them. Got Side items from other restaurants,since I didn't always want fries.

PeggySue June 29th, 2012 08:37 PM

Hi! My daughters are currently on the Breeze, and they have told us how awesome Guy's burgers were. One of my daughters had gotten a salad, but after taking a bite of her sister's burger, she went & got one for herself. I haven't had one yet, but someday....

unfdoug June 30th, 2012 10:02 AM

Addicted to the burgers and fries at buger joint. When I sailed Liberty in Decemeber I had 10 of them, last week on Breeze I only had five but so good.

I wrote down the burger menu: Guy's Burger Joint: 1,000's of burgers served + menu

Kuki June 30th, 2012 10:14 AM

On the Breeze now. Day 4.Guy's burgers are great, but it's the topping bar that really "tops" it off.
http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mem...e-3-75-018.jpg

ruthlessboss June 30th, 2012 03:53 PM

There's so much hype about these burgers. Were they good? yes. But people gouge on them because they are a novelty. If at home, would they eat multiples, or even go out multiple times to get one? No. It seems like people like to brag about having one or more.

rkome June 30th, 2012 06:52 PM

I'm sorry I'm new here. How do I find your daily trip reports about the Breeze? I'd love to read them. Thanks.

Donna June 30th, 2012 07:03 PM

Hi Krome,
You can find some post in the Carnival folder, but here is a link:
Carnival Breeze group cruise

rkome June 30th, 2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1435235)
Hi Krome,
You can find some post in the Carnival folder, but here is a link:
Carnival Breeze group cruise

Thank you very much. I'm a little slow on the computer at first, but hopefully I'll catch on soon.

I'm thinking of booking the Breeze for our next cruise, so I wanted to get a look at it. Thanks again.

Harold

cruiserrose July 8th, 2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1434283)
I was on the Liberty in March and yes, Guy's burgers are much better than the old ones. The toppings and the beef are what make them better. They are still twice cooked in order to keep up with the demand but are quite good. They have a wide variety of toppings at the toppings bar so you can load the burger up however way you like it. I personally thought the fries were very good and not over salted or seasoned.

I had a number of them, without buns, but I did like them and all of my group, who could eat the bread, also loved them.

Now the Blue Iguana burritos were another story. They were OK but were always "luke warm".

Take care,
Mike

we are on Liberty in October and can't wait to try. thanks for the review!!