Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Familiar Face

Default Black Friday on Carnival Cruises

Last week (6-17-12 to 6-24-12),on the Pride, they had two sales that reminded me of Black Friday. The first was a sale on bracelets that kind of looked like those by Pandora for $25.00 (or $20.00 if you bought more than one). The second was a sale on watch sets for $20.00. People were going NUTS! They took whole piles, sorted threw them, took the ones they wanted, and pushed through the lines again. It really did remind me of Black Friday. I'm thinking that they did the Black Friday "Build up the excitement" style rules to get people to buy stuff. Do they do these same sales on all Carnival Cruises, or did the Pride just have an overstock of watch sets and bracelets?
Old June 26th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Welcome Newcomer

It's not just Carnival almost all cruise ship have those sales toward the end of the cruise usually on the last sea day. It's usually buy one get one or buy two or more and save or they put out things like t-shirts for half price always in the atrium and yes it's just like
black Friday. We just avoid the area unless you we really want something they have.
Old July 1st, 2012, 04:10 PM
Familiar Face

It is amazing to watch people go ape over Junk! I am also surprised at the number of people purchasing the gold by the inch on every voyage. Me I prefer to waste my $ at the bar.

My Blog can be found at: http://capndinghy.multiply.com/
Old July 1st, 2012, 04:15 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capndinghy View Post
It is amazing to watch people go ape over Junk! I am also surprised at the number of people purchasing the gold by the inch on every voyage. Me I prefer to waste my $ at the bar.
I've never understood the gold by the inch craze. They know it's fake don't they? I certainly hope so.

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
Old July 1st, 2012, 04:20 PM
Familiar Face

I remember the first time I bought gold by the inch (what did I know!). After a while my ankle turned green!
Old July 1st, 2012, 04:22 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sllabon View Post
I remember the first time I bought gold by the inch (what did I know!). After a while my ankle turned green!
You're lucky it was just your ankle

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
Old July 1st, 2012, 07:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

We always buy the watch sets and give them as Christmas presents (And leave the original price tag on).

Holiday 2002
Conquest 2004
Sensation 2008
Splendor 2009
Elation 2010
Triumph 2011
Conquest 2012
Elation 2012
Elation 2012 (B2B)
Conquest 2013
Dream 2014
Old July 1st, 2012, 08:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capndinghy View Post
Amen, Brother Chuck

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:28 AM
Familiar Face

I didn't know what you meant by Black Friday. I thought maybe, Friday the 13th. Now that I've been nosy and read the column, I see and I understand.

I, too, don't understand the excitement or fury in that buying craze. I have purchased items in the gift stores and enjoy them, but why are the people so wild about it??

It is enjoyable to walk buy or just stand in the side and watch the people. It's truly a trip to see all the frenzy.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:49 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiBird View Post
I didn't know what you meant by Black Friday. I thought maybe, Friday the 13th. Now that I've been nosy and read the column, I see and I understand.

I, too, don't understand the excitement or fury in that buying craze. I have purchased items in the gift stores and enjoy them, but why are the people so wild about it??

It is enjoyable to walk buy or just stand in the side and watch the people. It's truly a trip to see all the frenzy.
Could the be the Wal Mart effect?

My Blog can be found at: http://capndinghy.multiply.com/
Old July 2nd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I was on one ship,where they kept making announcements, about the upcoming sale! I felt it was going to be like, get ready run!

The gold by the inch just drives me crazy...if they buy it on Monday, by Friday, their finger and neck have a green ring!

For many I think that, buying a gift onboard, makes it seem
more,special. That same item on land, might not get a 2nd glance.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; July 2nd, 2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 02:23 PM
Familiar Face

Last time we were on the Inspiration my wife and I were in a towel folding class in the show lounge. Unfortunately when it was done they were having that black Friday sale like thing and the shops were right outside of the lounge exit.

It was so crowded around that area we couldn't get through and no one would budge to let us, so we went back in the lounge and went upstairs to exit. I am so glad that is one sale my wife didn't want to drag me to, talk about a mob scene.