CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   The new VIFP cards. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/390240-new-vifp-cards.html)

lhp June 30th, 2012 09:07 AM

The new VIFP cards.
 
On John's Blog:

VIFP PARTY REPORT…..AND MR. PERFECT | John Heald's Blog

AND a copy of the letter that Diamond members will see in our cabins....

Host Mach June 30th, 2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhp (Post 1435101)
On John's Blog:

VIFP PARTY REPORTÖ..AND MR. PERFECT | John Heald's Blog

AND a copy of the letter that Diamond members will see in our cabins....


Hummm... not wild about the new cards but, then again, I wasn't wild about the last change, either, but I got used to the new(er) cards...


:)

Barryn514 June 30th, 2012 12:24 PM

Don't have time to read all this now but if want I see it correct I am NOT a happy Carnival customer since our next cruise in Dec would have been our 10th cruise!

We read more later today!

Host Mach June 30th, 2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barryn514 (Post 1435146)
Don't have time to read all this now but if want I see it correct I am NOT a happy Carnival customer since our next cruise in Dec would have been our 10th cruise!

We read more later today!


Not to worry... you have until the end of December 2013 to get number 10 in to become Platinum...

:)

Snoozeman June 30th, 2012 02:39 PM

Looks like they left off the words: Platinum, Diamond, etc.

Color of card seems to be only difference between levels.
I guess that's all they need.

Barryn514 June 30th, 2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Not to worry... you have until the end of December 2013 to get number 10 in to become Platinum...
Guess maybe I am misunderstanding these new rules. I was thinking that with 10 cruises you are not Platinum until you reach 75 points.

lhp June 30th, 2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barryn514 (Post 1435146)
Don't have time to read all this now but if want I see it correct I am NOT a happy Carnival customer since our next cruise in Dec would have been our 10th cruise!

We read more later today!


Barry: You are ok. As long as you sail ON your 10th cruise by the end of 2013 ( over a year from now)....you WILL BE Platinum....

Carnival is allowing those who are close to Platinum to achieve that level under the OLD method of number of cruises.....

it will not matter how many days you have.

ENJOY!!

lhp June 30th, 2012 06:15 PM

The new pins....
 
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...20349611_n.jpg

Barryn514 June 30th, 2012 06:25 PM

Just read the Terms and Conditions and now I understand. This is what it says.

Quote:

Additionally, certain Gold Level members of the PGRP will have the following opportunities to advance in the Club:
Individuals may earn Platinum status in the VIFP Club by taking ten (10) revenue Cruises by December 31, 2013.
If Members have any questions regarding their PGRP status or VIFP Club status, please contact CCL at 1.888.227.6482.
In my profile this is also what it says.

Quote:

Close to advancing to Platinum in our old program? Cruise once in the next 12 months and you’ll automatically advance to Platinum in the VIFP Club.


lhp June 30th, 2012 06:34 PM

This is the new card...this was Tom's 50th cruise....
 
Although it looks pink....the card is WHITE !!!!




http://tom-n-cheryl.smugmug.com/phot...-9LkS9gs-L.jpg

OKGIRL June 30th, 2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhp (Post 1435226)
Although it looks pink....the card is WHITE !!!!




http://tom-n-cheryl.smugmug.com/phot...-9LkS9gs-L.jpg

Linda, do you think that it says Diamond only because it was his milestone cruise? I was thinking the new cards weren't going to have any level on them. I guess the color speaks for itself.

Sister will be milestone on our September Crazies cruise so I guess she will get the white milestone card, will it say 25 Milestone Platinum???? I was milestone on the last Bloggers cruise, but with only 171 cruise days I think I'm expecting a Platinum card.

Is that right????

lhp June 30th, 2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKGIRL (Post 1435287)
Linda, do you think that it says Diamond only because it was his milestone cruise? I was thinking the new cards weren't going to have any level on them. I guess the color speaks for itself.

Sister will be milestone on our September Crazies cruise so I guess she will get the white milestone card, will it say 25 Milestone Platinum???? I was milestone on the last Bloggers cruise, but with only 171 cruise days I think I'm expecting a Platinum card.

Is that right????

Yes, according to the new system, you will get a Platinum card until you reach 200 days.

And your sister should get a card that says Milestone on it...now what color it will be... is anyone's guess.

wanderingjew June 30th, 2012 09:36 PM

There was an error in the letter it says the captain event is on your FIRST cruise but it is on every diamond cruise

lhp June 30th, 2012 09:36 PM

Btw, I did notice that John's examples did not have the "name of the level"...

BUT it looks like this is something that is printed when the cards are printed....

so I would expect to see Platinum or Diamond printed.

Dr Phil June 30th, 2012 11:49 PM

What color is that

lhp July 1st, 2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Phil (Post 1435343)
What color is that


The color of LOVE of course!!!!


lol


It is a white card just like the Milestone cards were.....that was just a "lovely" picture..lol

Elaine515 July 1st, 2012 12:34 PM

Hiya Linda,

I'm a bit confused... I understand the blue, red, gold and platinum BUT... this is where I'm confused... I thought the white was only for your 25th or 50th cruise... What does diamond cruisers get?

I must be seeing something wrong, can you help me to understand this.. Thanks...

KiwiBird July 2nd, 2012 07:54 AM

I had not seen the new cards. How interesting. I will receive the Platinum one on my next cruise and add it to my collection.

It's strange that Carnival would allow the logo, representing the ship you're on, to be UNDER the wave, and not on top of it. Is this an OMEN or a comment? maybe it's just my eyes, but it truly appears to be the Whale Tail under water on those cards, under the waves.

lhp July 2nd, 2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elaine515 (Post 1435517)
Hiya Linda,

I'm a bit confused... I understand the blue, red, gold and platinum BUT... this is where I'm confused... I thought the white was only for your 25th or 50th cruise... What does diamond cruisers get?

I must be seeing something wrong, can you help me to understand this.. Thanks...


Elaine: I had indeed heard that the Diamond cards were going to be white.

And I like that.

As for "how" Carnival will designate the 25th Milestone....I would expect (and this is just my guess) that it will simply have 25 or 50 etc and say Milestone on whatever color card you happen to have.

In the case of someone who reaches the 25th and is still Platinum....I would expect it to say 25 Platinum Milestone on a Platinum card .... just like Tom's says 50 Diamond Milestone on the white Diamond card.

novelist July 2nd, 2012 09:01 PM

Question
 
I know that they said that if you beome Platinum during your cruise (turn the 75 days,) you will be Platinum for the cruise it occurs on. I remember that from our 10th cruise.

Now I am on the other end and during a TA, when it is completed, I will have 210 days. (before the cruise I will still be in the 190's). My husband who is 7 days behind me, will end the TA with 203 days. My question is: will we be diamond on that TA cruise, or will I be diamond on the cruise following it?

I have read conflicting information so does anyone know for sure?
Thanks
Rita

Snoozeman July 2nd, 2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novelist (Post 1436005)
I know that they said that if you beome Platinum during your cruise (turn the 75 days,) you will be Platinum for the cruise it occurs on. I remember that from our 10th cruise.

Now I am on the other end and during a TA, when it is completed, I will have 210 days. (before the cruise I will still be in the 190's). My husband who is 7 days behind me, will end the TA with 203 days. My question is: will we be diamond on that TA cruise, or will I be diamond on the cruise following it?

I have read conflicting information so does anyone know for sure?
Thanks
Rita

Hi Rita

Welcome to Cruisemates.

My understanding is that if you were go up a level during the course of the cruise, you will be that new higher level from the beginning. So you should be in good shape. I'm the same as you, I'll have 193 by the end of the month and the following cruise will be an 8 day....so I should be Diamond from the beginning of that cruise!

novelist July 2nd, 2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozeman (Post 1436008)
Hi Rita

Welcome to Cruisemates.

My understanding is that if you were go up a level during the course of the cruise, you will be that new higher level from the beginning. So you should be in good shape. I'm the same as you, I'll have 193 by the end of the month and the following cruise will be an 8 day....so I should be Diamond from the beginning of that cruise!

Hi Snoozeman,
Actually I have been here since last summer, but I rarely post. I do read and this site more fits my meek nature. I have been reading and not posting so now I am getting my feet wet. Let me know what happens to you and if you go up on the cruise. Someone wrote somewhere that it was only the Platinum that did that, and we would have to wait until the next cruise. Not that it would be to long, we have 13 Carnival cruises booked between now and the Sunshine TA. We "cross over" on the Destiny TA in February, so you will probably have a definitive answer before that. I have my milestone cruise on the Breeze TA, and my husband who is one cruise behind (took a Mom and me cruise with our daughter) will hit his 25 on the Splendor in January. We are pretty high on days because we took 7,8,12 and 16 day cruises so I actually turn diamond on my 27th cruise and my husband turns diamond on his 26th cruise. (the Destiny TA is an 18 day so that covers a lot of days)
Rita

Snoozeman July 3rd, 2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novelist (Post 1436029)
Hi Snoozeman,
Actually I have been here since last summer, but I rarely post. I do read and this site more fits my meek nature. I have been reading and not posting so now I am getting my feet wet. Let me know what happens to you and if you go up on the cruise. Someone wrote somewhere that it was only the Platinum that did that, and we would have to wait until the next cruise. Not that it would be to long, we have 13 Carnival cruises booked between now and the Sunshine TA. We "cross over" on the Destiny TA in February, so you will probably have a definitive answer before that. I have my milestone cruise on the Breeze TA, and my husband who is one cruise behind (took a Mom and me cruise with our daughter) will hit his 25 on the Splendor in January. We are pretty high on days because we took 7,8,12 and 16 day cruises so I actually turn diamond on my 27th cruise and my husband turns diamond on his 26th cruise. (the Destiny TA is an 18 day so that covers a lot of days)
Rita

You know...I thought that may be you...then I saw that you added the Rita in your signature!!

Small world isn't it? At least to all of us addicted to cruising. Now I've seen at least three refugees from the Magic TA today!!

I hope you post more often!

lhp July 3rd, 2012 10:28 AM

Rita:

Since I have read of people turning from Red to Gold during their cruise and being considered Gold the entire cruise....

I believe that would mean the same thing would apply to anyone going from Platinum to Diamond. ENJOY!~!

novelist July 3rd, 2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhp (Post 1436144)
Rita:

Since I have read of people turning from Red to Gold during their cruise and being considered Gold the entire cruise....

I believe that would mean the same thing would apply to anyone going from Platinum to Diamond. ENJOY!~!

Linda,
Thanks, either way when you cruise as often as we do, it doesn't really matter. I can see it being important to someone who cruises once or twice a year. I was just curious. BTW - We have really being watching that Milestone club on facebook. It says you can't join until after cruise number #24 and that will be in Sept when we go on the Miracle #23 followed by the Glory #24; then I can join:p

I have been reading the page for awhile, waiting to get there:rolleyes:

lhp July 3rd, 2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novelist (Post 1436162)
Linda,
Thanks, either way when you cruise as often as we do, it doesn't really matter. I can see it being important to someone who cruises once or twice a year. I was just curious. BTW - We have really being watching that Milestone club on facebook. It says you can't join until after cruise number #24 and that will be in Sept when we go on the Miracle #23 followed by the Glory #24; then I can join:p

I have been reading the page for awhile, waiting to get there:rolleyes:


Someone named Brian runs that Facebook site. I have never met him. Personally, I would not care who posts on there...but since it is his site, he makes that decision.

Enjoy your cruises.....

zydecocruiser July 3rd, 2012 10:17 PM

The regular Diamond

http://tom-n-cheryl.smugmug.com/phot...-LCnPQsc-M.jpg

Aerogirl August 11th, 2012 01:45 PM

I’ve only been on 3 carnival cruises so I have a long way to go however Carnival can’t find any of my past cruises with them. Can’t they see them with my past guest number? I sent them my booking number from my 2011 cruise and I’m still waiting to hear back. It would have been nice to get credit for the past three cruises with them.

cruise soon August 13th, 2012 01:35 AM

The new VIFP cards
 
If you still have copies of your receipts, just email them to customer service. There is no way they cannot accept them as proof of your previous cruises.

Snoozeman August 13th, 2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1441920)
Iíve only been on 3 carnival cruises so I have a long way to go however Carnival canít find any of my past cruises with them. Canít they see them with my past guest number? I sent them my booking number from my 2011 cruise and Iím still waiting to hear back. It would have been nice to get credit for the past three cruises with them.

I'm sure they have it. Double check spelling and birth dates.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1