CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   No more Adult pools on Carnival? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/390341-no-more-adult-pools-carnival.html)

Snoozeman July 5th, 2012 07:52 AM

No more Adult pools on Carnival?
 
Carnival seems to have changed their policy on the aft pools being an adult oriented environment. Not sure why. Perhap the hassle of enforcement? A desire for a more family friendly area? Not sure.

I first noticed this on the Carnival Magic and the Breeze is the same. It was also no longer adult on Triumph when I sailed her in May. What is your experience on other Carnival ships on your recent cruises?

lhp July 5th, 2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozeman (Post 1436547)
Carnival seems to have changed their policy on the aft pools being an adult oriented environment. Not sure why. Perhap the hassle of enforcement? A desire for a more family friendly area? Not sure.

I first noticed this on the Carnival Magic and the Breeze is the same. It was also no longer adult on Triumph when I sailed her in May. What is your experience on other Carnival ships on your recent cruises?


I am going to guess that it is because Carnival is promoting the new Serenity areas at the front of the ships.

I am thinking they are always adding hot tubs up there????

The "adult pool" in the back never really worked because of the food venues back there. (and apparently the inability of grown Americans who could not read English).....

Snoozeman July 5th, 2012 10:06 AM

That's one of the excuses they seem to mention: Oh we have the Serenity area for Adults. But no pool. Bad design to put it next to the waterpark too. IMHO-Serenity should have been aft with the pool. Perhaps they will get it right with the Sunshine.

zydecocruiser July 5th, 2012 11:22 AM

The new Carnival Sunshine will have a 3 deck Serenity AND adult pool (deck 11), spa, and waterfall!

https://www.goccl.com/resourcecenter/PDF/Sunshine.pdf

and it isn't facing forward as I once feared.

Snoozeman July 5th, 2012 02:57 PM

The Sunshine may become my favorite ship.

Donna July 5th, 2012 03:07 PM

Is there a date yet, when Sunshine will be sailing?

Capndinghy July 5th, 2012 03:17 PM

Just one more reason why Carnival is going Down Hill. Who wants to share a small swimming pool with a bunch of noisy, splashing, peeing little bast..kids? I saw no problems with the aft pool being adult. It is smaller and the main pool and slides are great for the rug rats.

lhp July 5th, 2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozeman (Post 1436576)
That's one of the excuses they seem to mention: Oh we have the Serenity area for Adults. But no pool. Bad design to put it next to the waterpark too. IMHO-Serenity should have been aft with the pool. Perhaps they will get it right with the Sunshine.


The Splendor is actually the worst Serenity area because not only is the water slide there...so is the putt putt golf.

Talk about a poor design....:confused:

Dr Phil July 5th, 2012 05:16 PM

http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/alb...?dl=1341522848
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1436644)
Is there a date yet, when Sunshine will be sailing?

There all ready working on it ;)

green_rd July 5th, 2012 05:25 PM

Problem - Serenity wasn't designed into the original ship layouts. Sounds like they are heading in a good directly with Sunshine. Maybe they can begin to reconfigure with Fun Ship 2.1

Of course some folks do not want to be very serene when in the pool.

Aerogirl July 5th, 2012 05:33 PM

The last cruise we sailed was Carnival Freedom at the end of November 2011 and the aft deck pools seem to be adults only. Iím not sure if it was due to policy or the adults sent the kids packing. I think we adults should be pool bullies and scare the kids away from what should be adults only!LOL

Floatie July 5th, 2012 06:11 PM

Our group was on the Miracle in December, then went into drydock right after...they installed Serenity in the aft Lido area and I went back on the 2 dayer in January <with my twisted sistahs:p> to see, it's beautiful! Now I have to say also that Serenity on any ship is not my favorite, I missed the great music and fun of the Lido aft on Miracle before the change. "Zen" is not my preferred vacation mode I guess lmao!

zydecocruiser July 5th, 2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_rd (Post 1436661)
Problem - Serenity wasn't designed into the original ship layouts. Sounds like they are heading in a good directly with Sunshine. Maybe they can begin to reconfigure with Fun Ship 2.1

Of course some folks do not want to be very serene when in the pool.

Another great thing about Sunshine is that Waterworks, and all the kid's clubs are sequestered at the back of the ship so Serenity stands a chance of being serene.

zydecocruiser July 5th, 2012 09:52 PM

And not that I care, but Carnival Sunshine will relaunch a cigar club, although in smaller format.

lhp July 6th, 2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floatie (Post 1436670)
Our group was on the Miracle in December, then went into drydock right after...they installed Serenity in the aft Lido area and I went back on the 2 dayer in January <with my twisted sistahs:p> to see, it's beautiful! Now I have to say also that Serenity on any ship is not my favorite, I missed the great music and fun of the Lido aft on Miracle before the change. "Zen" is not my preferred vacation mode I guess lmao!


We really enjoyed the new Serenity area on the Spirit to Hawaii.

They actually had the solo entertainer out there one night. And I am thinking the over bands rotated back there as well.....but that might have been since it was a 15 day cruise with so many sea days.

MrPete July 7th, 2012 07:52 AM

So, has this been found to be fact, or just unregulated experience. First time I've seen it portrayed as a thing of the past.

Snoozeman July 7th, 2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPete (Post 1436915)
So, has this been found to be fact, or just unregulated experience. First time I've seen it portrayed as a thing of the past.

That's what we are trying to determine. There has been no announcement by Carnival. We are trying to find out by guest experience. It's been so on all my recent Carnival cruises.

MrPete July 7th, 2012 08:49 AM

Is the area listed as Serenity or Adults, anywhere in print, or did that just disappear?

Snoozeman July 7th, 2012 08:58 AM

Serenity is still there and seems to be improving.

Just no more Adult pools.

MrPete July 7th, 2012 09:17 AM

Complete reverse to what they used to have, eh?

Oh well. Bring back the F deck!

Aerogirl July 7th, 2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozeman (Post 1436928)
Serenity is still there and seems to be improving.

Just no more Adult pools.

.

And this is where the adults need to stand together and make a big stink, that or we should take over the teen club. Let them see what itís like to have their style cramped!
Seriously though kids seem to be able to go anywhere they want on the ship and the adults have to just go along with it and thatís just wrong. Like I stated above the adults need to put their foot down and not stand for it. Just like the chair hog I will remove your towel after a certain amount of time. People do these things because people stand for it.

BigMac July 7th, 2012 10:21 AM

I am a nice guy. I like being a nice guy. I find it easyer to go through life one the agreeable side of things. I try my best to be considerate of others. Heck, yesterday I chased down a little old lady to give her my shopping cart.
I could be best described as intolerant when it comes to feeling like I have been treated in a disrespectful manner. This applys to children and adults. It's just the way I am. I am melowing with age, but man oh man some days...
When a child or adult begins to annoy me, I let them know. I am always a little suprised when people don't act in the same manner. I expect adults to challenge children on bad behavior. Not just their own children, all children. This is how it was when I was a child. I never once heard I'm going to tell your parents. Lets describe it as far more direct ;)
I expect adults to stand up when another adult is acting badly. Now, I realise that the world is not full of people like me, so I do my best to work with nice guy. It's easy to be nice first then escilate. It is really hard to be an ass and back down to nice guy.
I agree with Aerogirl 100%.. take a stand and chase them off. I'm not sugesting anyone be a jerk to every kid that comes near the adult area. I am sugesting we not tolerate kids playing through the adult area. Making noise and hanging out is not OK.
It would be very nice of the line to designate the area adult so when they are chased off I don't have to be the grouchy old dude ;) It would be like kicking them out of a bar. It would make sence.

zydecocruiser July 7th, 2012 01:24 PM

Now if only we could kick the obnoxious adult out. Nirvana! :p

The adults *could* always line the aft wraps with inflatable pools. :idea:

AggieTexan July 7th, 2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozeman (Post 1436547)
Carnival seems to have changed their policy on the aft pools being an adult oriented environment. Not sure why. Perhap the hassle of enforcement? A desire for a more family friendly area? Not sure.

I first noticed this on the Carnival Magic and the Breeze is the same. It was also no longer adult on Triumph when I sailed her in May. What is your experience on other Carnival ships on your recent cruises?

The lack of an adult pool area was one of the things I really disliked on the Dream. I didn't care for the location of the Serenity Deck, so there wasn't a place to relax without all the kid noise.

I'm not a kid hater, but since we usually travel as a couple, we like ships with areas that are geared to a more relaxing adult experience. I'm disappointed to hear that the Triumph has also removed the adult designation from the aft pool.

Snoozeman July 7th, 2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AggieTexan (Post 1437063)
The lack of an adult pool area was one of the things I really disliked on the Dream. I didn't care for the location of the Serenity Deck, so there wasn't a place to relax without all the kid noise.

I'm not a kid hater, but since we usually travel as a couple, we like ships with areas that are geared to a more relaxing adult experience. I'm disappointed to hear that the Triumph has also removed the adult designation from the aft pool.

Agree Agree Agree:cool:

lhp July 7th, 2012 08:43 PM

That is exactly why I prefer to cruise when school is in session.

It greatly reduces the number of families onboard. I have raised my two boys and I certainly do not want to spend my vacation time babysitting someone else's.

zydecocruiser July 8th, 2012 01:30 AM

Many of us couldn't care less about the pools, which is perhaps one reasons why they have been decreasing in size.

bonnyprincecharlie July 8th, 2012 02:45 PM

Bullseye
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by zydecocruiser (Post 1437108)
Many of us couldn't care less about the pools, which is perhaps one reasons why they have been decreasing in size.

You got it in one. Most adults tolerate alot of things in life and on a cruise ship that allows kids aboard you are going to have a tough time keeping them out of pools. So I would suggest to complainers live with it and get on to more important subjects. Or as an alternative go on an all adult cruise so all of the pools will be for adutls.

AggieTexan July 8th, 2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhp (Post 1437067)
That is exactly why I prefer to cruise when school is in session.

It greatly reduces the number of families onboard. I have raised my two boys and I certainly do not want to spend my vacation time babysitting someone else's.

Since I just retired from education, I will finally be able to cruise during less crowded times. I'm looking forward to it!


Quote:

Originally Posted by zydecocruiser (Post 1437108)
Many of us couldn't care less about the pools, which is perhaps one reasons why they have been decreasing in size.

I don't care about the pool at all, but I do enjoy a quieter outside public area. I really liked the Serenity area on the Ecstasy with the beautiful view of the wake.

conway scott July 9th, 2012 04:41 PM

We just returned from the Miracle today. I have to say that the Serenity area on the ship was wonderful. No kids, never saw a kid, just peace and quite


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1