Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman
Default No more Adult pools on Carnival?

Carnival seems to have changed their policy on the aft pools being an adult oriented environment. Not sure why. Perhap the hassle of enforcement? A desire for a more family friendly area? Not sure.

I first noticed this on the Carnival Magic and the Breeze is the same. It was also no longer adult on Triumph when I sailed her in May. What is your experience on other Carnival ships on your recent cruises?

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Dream-Caribbean-7/13/2014, Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozeman View Post
Carnival seems to have changed their policy on the aft pools being an adult oriented environment. Not sure why. Perhap the hassle of enforcement? A desire for a more family friendly area? Not sure.

I first noticed this on the Carnival Magic and the Breeze is the same. It was also no longer adult on Triumph when I sailed her in May. What is your experience on other Carnival ships on your recent cruises?

I am going to guess that it is because Carnival is promoting the new Serenity areas at the front of the ships.

I am thinking they are always adding hot tubs up there????

The "adult pool" in the back never really worked because of the food venues back there. (and apparently the inability of grown Americans who could not read English).....

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Admiral

That's one of the excuses they seem to mention: Oh we have the Serenity area for Adults. But no pool. Bad design to put it next to the waterpark too. IMHO-Serenity should have been aft with the pool. Perhaps they will get it right with the Sunshine.

Future Cruises:
Carnival Dream-Caribbean-7/13/2014, Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old July 5th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Admiral

The new Carnival Sunshine will have a 3 deck Serenity AND adult pool (deck 11), spa, and waterfall!

https://www.goccl.com/resourcecenter/PDF/Sunshine.pdf

and it isn't facing forward as I once feared.
Old July 5th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Admiral

The Sunshine may become my favorite ship.

Future Cruises:
Old July 5th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Is there a date yet, when Sunshine will be sailing?

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 5th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Familiar Face

Just one more reason why Carnival is going Down Hill. Who wants to share a small swimming pool with a bunch of noisy, splashing, peeing little bast..kids? I saw no problems with the aft pool being adult. It is smaller and the main pool and slides are great for the rug rats.

My Blog can be found at: http://capndinghy.multiply.com/
Old July 5th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
That's one of the excuses they seem to mention: Oh we have the Serenity area for Adults. But no pool. Bad design to put it next to the waterpark too. IMHO-Serenity should have been aft with the pool. Perhaps they will get it right with the Sunshine.

The Splendor is actually the worst Serenity area because not only is the water slide there...so is the putt putt golf.

Talk about a poor design....

20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
Old July 5th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
Is there a date yet, when Sunshine will be sailing?
There all ready working on it
Old July 5th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Admiral

Problem - Serenity wasn't designed into the original ship layouts. Sounds like they are heading in a good directly with Sunshine. Maybe they can begin to reconfigure with Fun Ship 2.1

Of course some folks do not want to be very serene when in the pool.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old July 5th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Admiral

The last cruise we sailed was Carnival Freedom at the end of November 2011 and the aft deck pools seem to be adults only. Iím not sure if it was due to policy or the adults sent the kids packing. I think we adults should be pool bullies and scare the kids away from what should be adults only!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old July 5th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Familiar Face

Our group was on the Miracle in December, then went into drydock right after...they installed Serenity in the aft Lido area and I went back on the 2 dayer in January <with my twisted sistahs> to see, it's beautiful! Now I have to say also that Serenity on any ship is not my favorite, I missed the great music and fun of the Lido aft on Miracle before the change. "Zen" is not my preferred vacation mode I guess lmao!
Old July 5th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_rd View Post
Problem - Serenity wasn't designed into the original ship layouts. Sounds like they are heading in a good directly with Sunshine. Maybe they can begin to reconfigure with Fun Ship 2.1

Of course some folks do not want to be very serene when in the pool.
Another great thing about Sunshine is that Waterworks, and all the kid's clubs are sequestered at the back of the ship so Serenity stands a chance of being serene.
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Admiral

And not that I care, but Carnival Sunshine will relaunch a cigar club, although in smaller format.
Old July 6th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatie View Post
Our group was on the Miracle in December, then went into drydock right after...they installed Serenity in the aft Lido area and I went back on the 2 dayer in January <with my twisted sistahs> to see, it's beautiful! Now I have to say also that Serenity on any ship is not my favorite, I missed the great music and fun of the Lido aft on Miracle before the change. "Zen" is not my preferred vacation mode I guess lmao!

We really enjoyed the new Serenity area on the Spirit to Hawaii.

They actually had the solo entertainer out there one night. And I am thinking the over bands rotated back there as well.....but that might have been since it was a 15 day cruise with so many sea days.

Old July 7th, 2012, 07:52 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

So, has this been found to be fact, or just unregulated experience. First time I've seen it portrayed as a thing of the past.
Past Cruises: Explorer of the Seas 2008 Explorer of the Seas 2007 Carnival Victory 2007 Explorer of the Seas 2006 Legend 2005 Miracle 2004 Disney Wonder 2004; Pride 2003 Legend 2002 Disney Wonder 2002 Destiny 2001 Victory 2000 Triumph 1999 Jubilee 1998 Imagination 1997 Imagination 1996 Fascination 1995 Ecstasy 1993 Fantasy 1990 Jubilee 1990 NCL Seaward 1989 Jubilee 1988
Old July 7th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPete View Post
So, has this been found to be fact, or just unregulated experience. First time I've seen it portrayed as a thing of the past.
That's what we are trying to determine. There has been no announcement by Carnival. We are trying to find out by guest experience. It's been so on all my recent Carnival cruises.

Future Cruises:
Old July 7th, 2012, 08:49 AM
First Mate

Is the area listed as Serenity or Adults, anywhere in print, or did that just disappear?
Past Cruises: Explorer of the Seas 2008 Explorer of the Seas 2007 Carnival Victory 2007 Explorer of the Seas 2006 Legend 2005 Miracle 2004 Disney Wonder 2004; Pride 2003 Legend 2002 Disney Wonder 2002 Destiny 2001 Victory 2000 Triumph 1999 Jubilee 1998 Imagination 1997 Imagination 1996 Fascination 1995 Ecstasy 1993 Fantasy 1990 Jubilee 1990 NCL Seaward 1989 Jubilee 1988
Old July 7th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Serenity is still there and seems to be improving.

Just no more Adult pools.

Future Cruises:
Old July 7th, 2012, 09:17 AM
First Mate

Complete reverse to what they used to have, eh?

Oh well. Bring back the F deck!
Old July 7th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Serenity is still there and seems to be improving.

Just no more Adult pools.

And this is where the adults need to stand together and make a big stink, that or we should take over the teen club. Let them see what itís like to have their style cramped!
Seriously though kids seem to be able to go anywhere they want on the ship and the adults have to just go along with it and thatís just wrong. Like I stated above the adults need to put their foot down and not stand for it. Just like the chair hog I will remove your towel after a certain amount of time. People do these things because people stand for it.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old July 7th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

I am a nice guy. I like being a nice guy. I find it easyer to go through life one the agreeable side of things. I try my best to be considerate of others. Heck, yesterday I chased down a little old lady to give her my shopping cart.
I could be best described as intolerant when it comes to feeling like I have been treated in a disrespectful manner. This applys to children and adults. It's just the way I am. I am melowing with age, but man oh man some days...
When a child or adult begins to annoy me, I let them know. I am always a little suprised when people don't act in the same manner. I expect adults to challenge children on bad behavior. Not just their own children, all children. This is how it was when I was a child. I never once heard I'm going to tell your parents. Lets describe it as far more direct
I expect adults to stand up when another adult is acting badly. Now, I realise that the world is not full of people like me, so I do my best to work with nice guy. It's easy to be nice first then escilate. It is really hard to be an ass and back down to nice guy.
I agree with Aerogirl 100%.. take a stand and chase them off. I'm not sugesting anyone be a jerk to every kid that comes near the adult area. I am sugesting we not tolerate kids playing through the adult area. Making noise and hanging out is not OK.
It would be very nice of the line to designate the area adult so when they are chased off I don't have to be the grouchy old dude It would be like kicking them out of a bar. It would make sence.
Old July 7th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Admiral

Now if only we could kick the obnoxious adult out. Nirvana!

The adults *could* always line the aft wraps with inflatable pools.
Old July 7th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:

The lack of an adult pool area was one of the things I really disliked on the Dream. I didn't care for the location of the Serenity Deck, so there wasn't a place to relax without all the kid noise.

I'm not a kid hater, but since we usually travel as a couple, we like ships with areas that are geared to a more relaxing adult experience. I'm disappointed to hear that the Triumph has also removed the adult designation from the aft pool.
Old July 7th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieTexan View Post
The lack of an adult pool area was one of the things I really disliked on the Dream. I didn't care for the location of the Serenity Deck, so there wasn't a place to relax without all the kid noise.

I'm not a kid hater, but since we usually travel as a couple, we like ships with areas that are geared to a more relaxing adult experience. I'm disappointed to hear that the Triumph has also removed the adult designation from the aft pool.
Agree Agree Agree

Future Cruises:
Old July 7th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Admiral

That is exactly why I prefer to cruise when school is in session.

It greatly reduces the number of families onboard. I have raised my two boys and I certainly do not want to spend my vacation time babysitting someone else's.

Old July 8th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Admiral

Many of us couldn't care less about the pools, which is perhaps one reasons why they have been decreasing in size.
Old July 8th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Captain

Default Bullseye

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydecocruiser View Post
Many of us couldn't care less about the pools, which is perhaps one reasons why they have been decreasing in size.
You got it in one. Most adults tolerate alot of things in life and on a cruise ship that allows kids aboard you are going to have a tough time keeping them out of pools. So I would suggest to complainers live with it and get on to more important subjects. Or as an alternative go on an all adult cruise so all of the pools will be for adutls.
Old July 8th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp View Post
That is exactly why I prefer to cruise when school is in session.

It greatly reduces the number of families onboard. I have raised my two boys and I certainly do not want to spend my vacation time babysitting someone else's.
Since I just retired from education, I will finally be able to cruise during less crowded times. I'm looking forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydecocruiser View Post
I don't care about the pool at all, but I do enjoy a quieter outside public area. I really liked the Serenity area on the Ecstasy with the beautiful view of the wake.
Old July 9th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

We just returned from the Miracle today. I have to say that the Serenity area on the ship was wonderful. No kids, never saw a kid, just peace and quite