CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Butch Begovitch - A Rising Star at Carnival (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/390496-butch-begovitch-rising-star-carnival.html)

Jason Leppert July 13th, 2012 01:00 AM

Butch Begovitch - A Rising Star at Carnival

Butch Begovitch - A Rising Star at Carnival
by Kuki

This Carnival cruise director brings the entertainment of Fun Ship 2.0 to life.

Unless you have cruised on a ship where Butch Begovitch was the Cruise Director, you've likely not heard of him.

In 2005, I "worked" with John Heald's "cruise staff" for a day, in order to write "a day on the job" article for CruiseMates. At the time I worked with a young, energetic "kid" who, at the time, had been with Carnival for a year; that "kid" was Butch Begovitch.

Read more: Butch Begovitch - A Rising Star at Carnival

Have you sailed onboard with Butch?

skymaster July 13th, 2012 08:03 AM

We were fortunate enough to have sailed with Butch last year, and even though I'd never heard of him before that, he is now one of my very favorite C.D.'s. Butch goes out of his way to interact with the passengers, and ALWAYS has a kind word for everyone. He's a fantastic performer, but also takes care of business, like no other C.D. I've known. I'll be booking "Breeze" when she arrives in the states, just so I can say "Hello" once again, to Butch.

"SKY"

sealove December 11th, 2012 11:53 AM

We have cruised with Butch on both the Glory and the Dream but missed him very much on our last Carnival cruise on the Dream . Where is he - he totally makes a difference on a cruise.

zydecocruiser December 11th, 2012 12:15 PM

Looks like Butch is on Breeze

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=0&output=html

lhp December 12th, 2012 07:07 AM

We just sailed with Butch on the Breeze for 10 days (Back to Back out of Miami) and he is the best CD we have ever sailed with.

He is a new breed of CDs that takes being visible to an entirely new level.

He is the FIRST CD that I have ever seen working the St Jude table himself selling tshirts.

He is the FIRST CD that I have ever seen on Lido LEADING the dances....

He uses the public areas to traverse around the ship (not I-95) which makes him more visible to the passengers.

But the one thing that stands out the most is his genuine love of passengers and cruising.

Of course, with our special circumstances with DJ, the care of our son is paramount in any evaluation and in this area as well, Butch exceeded our wildest expectations.

And he did it without being overly attentive. He genuinely cared about the reasonable needs that DJ required.

I can not use the word genuine enough.

This man has found his calling. He is on a mission of FUN and doing it better than anyone else!

flowers December 12th, 2012 09:56 AM

I had Noonan who is also part of the new younger breed and saw him sitting eating with his wife on Lido several times, and taking questions.. even going around saying hello to people.

I thought he had all the same characteristics described above.. didnt have to prove himself.. just good and visible.

zydecocruiser December 12th, 2012 10:20 AM

Younger, more active Cruise directors is definitely the direction Carnival is going. Just off the Conquest with (Kevin) Noonan and he definitely added life to the party - any party, all parties.

They are adding Fun to the Fun Ships!

april_4_us January 1st, 2013 06:00 PM

We have cruised with Butch twice, loved him both times. We also love Alex from Minnesota as well. My kids are teen and preteen and love the entertainment group.
On this last crusie I left a note for Butch about something and he actually called me for a personal response. I thought that was awesome and Alex he is hilarious, always a good time.
april

JLI219 January 2nd, 2013 04:28 PM

I cruised in January 2012 on the Liberty with Butch and he did a great job. Went out of his way to talk to many people including myself.

lhp January 3rd, 2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flowers (Post 1458027)
I had Noonan who is also part of the new younger breed and saw him sitting eating with his wife on Lido several times, and taking questions.. even going around saying hello to people.

I thought he had all the same characteristics described above.. didnt have to prove himself.. just good and visible.

Yes, Noonan is another one that FABULOUS.

We have sailed with him about 10 times starting when he had just become an ACD....and he is a HOOT!

He is a Yankees fan and our son is a Red Socks fan .....and they fight like those two fans are suppose to....lol