Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Jason Leppert

Default Butch Begovitch - A Rising Star at Carnival

Butch Begovitch - A Rising Star at Carnival
by Kuki

This Carnival cruise director brings the entertainment of Fun Ship 2.0 to life.

Unless you have cruised on a ship where Butch Begovitch was the Cruise Director, you've likely not heard of him.

In 2005, I "worked" with John Heald's "cruise staff" for a day, in order to write "a day on the job" article for CruiseMates. At the time I worked with a young, energetic "kid" who, at the time, had been with Carnival for a year; that "kid" was Butch Begovitch.

Read more: Butch Begovitch - A Rising Star at Carnival

Have you sailed onboard with Butch?
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Admiral

We were fortunate enough to have sailed with Butch last year, and even though I'd never heard of him before that, he is now one of my very favorite C.D.'s. Butch goes out of his way to interact with the passengers, and ALWAYS has a kind word for everyone. He's a fantastic performer, but also takes care of business, like no other C.D. I've known. I'll be booking "Breeze" when she arrives in the states, just so I can say "Hello" once again, to Butch.

"SKY"
Old December 11th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Welcome Newcomer

We have cruised with Butch on both the Glory and the Dream but missed him very much on our last Carnival cruise on the Dream . Where is he - he totally makes a difference on a cruise.
Old December 11th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Admiral

Old December 12th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Admiral

We just sailed with Butch on the Breeze for 10 days (Back to Back out of Miami) and he is the best CD we have ever sailed with.

He is a new breed of CDs that takes being visible to an entirely new level.

He is the FIRST CD that I have ever seen working the St Jude table himself selling tshirts.

He is the FIRST CD that I have ever seen on Lido LEADING the dances....

He uses the public areas to traverse around the ship (not I-95) which makes him more visible to the passengers.

But the one thing that stands out the most is his genuine love of passengers and cruising.

Of course, with our special circumstances with DJ, the care of our son is paramount in any evaluation and in this area as well, Butch exceeded our wildest expectations.

And he did it without being overly attentive. He genuinely cared about the reasonable needs that DJ required.

I can not use the word genuine enough.

This man has found his calling. He is on a mission of FUN and doing it better than anyone else!

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old December 12th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Captain

I had Noonan who is also part of the new younger breed and saw him sitting eating with his wife on Lido several times, and taking questions.. even going around saying hello to people.

I thought he had all the same characteristics described above.. didnt have to prove himself.. just good and visible.
Conquest 7/21/13, Miracle ALASKA 8/27/13, Miracle HAWAII 9/17/13, Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 3/2/14, Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/8/14
Old December 12th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Younger, more active Cruise directors is definitely the direction Carnival is going. Just off the Conquest with (Kevin) Noonan and he definitely added life to the party - any party, all parties.

They are adding Fun to the Fun Ships!
Old January 1st, 2013, 06:00 PM
Familiar Face

We have cruised with Butch twice, loved him both times. We also love Alex from Minnesota as well. My kids are teen and preteen and love the entertainment group.
On this last crusie I left a note for Butch about something and he actually called me for a personal response. I thought that was awesome and Alex he is hilarious, always a good time.
april

Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:28 PM
Familiar Face

I cruised in January 2012 on the Liberty with Butch and he did a great job. Went out of his way to talk to many people including myself.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:31 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers View Post
I had Noonan who is also part of the new younger breed and saw him sitting eating with his wife on Lido several times, and taking questions.. even going around saying hello to people.

I thought he had all the same characteristics described above.. didnt have to prove himself.. just good and visible.

Yes, Noonan is another one that FABULOUS.

We have sailed with him about 10 times starting when he had just become an ACD....and he is a HOOT!

He is a Yankees fan and our son is a Red Socks fan .....and they fight like those two fans are suppose to....lol

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND