Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2012, 10:28 AM

[QUOTE=Capndinghy;1439167]All I can say is bragging about having never lost luggage is Living Dangerous!!

That being said I always slip the Porter a $10 to insure the bags make it to the boat. Pan Am had a practice where if a passenger was being a bit obnoxios, a Bombay baggage tag would be attached. Lots of unclaimed bags ended up in Bombay!

First, who is bragging ? I stated a fact, since when does stating a fact mean you are bragging? Does it mean also that everytime you state a fact YOU ARE ALSO BRAGGING. Amazing, how words and thoughts are twisted.

Secondly, I too also tip the porter's and or skycaps (when there were skycaps)big for the same reason, my luggage gets to where it is suppose to be.

But losing luggage has nothing to do with the fact that you don't have the documents in hand to board...remember this is about being denied boarding because the OP did'nt have the documents with him...at least thats what I thought this original post was about.

You can lose every piece of luggage that is being loaded on the plane or ship...I still will get on because I would have had the documents in hand.

Also in your statement you stated "Pam Am" had a policy to lose people's luggage if they were obnoxious"...I highly doubt that any airline or cruise line has that policy...Maybe you mean a certain individual had it out for someone...in that cause the person if found to be doing this on purpose would be fired.
Old August 9th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I've been on multiple group cruises. To alleviate the problem the original poster had, we've consistently collected everyones passports (or birth certificates) prior to leaving our place of origin to completely assure no one lost anything.

Carnival is obviously not responsible for anything that someone packs or forgets that they've packed in their luggage.
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Welcome Newcomer

On one of my cruises I did the same thing - did not have a passport, left my ID in my suitcase with my return flight but there was a lady at the terminal who was so nice, she allowed me to use my work ID in order to continue the process. Since the ship does not leave immediately upon boarding, I don't know why they could not locate his luggage and then get the passport - they could have always put him off at one of the ports if they did not find it but since it was there that was not even an option. That is soooo sad.

baggage, bags, board, boarding, carnival, check, cruise, cruises, denied, drop, lugagge, luggage, people, refund, remained, time, young