Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Tanzanite international

I am trying to return a loose stone to above vendor. They are telling me that I cannot return purchase for refund unless independent appraiser states stone is lower quality than advertised. Any help or information would be appreciated. Carnival Cruise Lines recommended this vendor to passengers on the ship. I was also told that I had 30 days to return item. This was a complete lie!
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Admiral

TI is a part of Diamonds International. Their customer service is located in NYC.

That is their policy. You have 30 days to return the jewelry if an independent appraiser states the stone is of lower quality than they sold it. There is no room for buyer's remorse. Check your receipt. The Carnival buyer's protection program is really no better.

You might be able to work with your credit card company. If you send it back use some trackable method.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Old August 9th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Tanzanite international is a sham

So Bob, if I mail it back via Fed-Ex and they accept package, would that help my chances of getting credit back from American Express?
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Admiral

I would call AmEx customer service and discuss the situation with them.

Our situation was a little different. My wife had purchased a ring that needed to be sized and didn't get delivered to the ship as promised. We never had possession of the item.

Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Old August 10th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dneese View Post
So Bob, if I mail it back via Fed-Ex and they accept package, would that help my chances of getting credit back from American Express?

Talk to American Express about contesting the charge......however, I would NOT just ship the stone back to them.

American Express is probably going to tell you that unless the AIG certification was false...there is nothing you can do.

The "guarantee" is only that the stone is the quality the AIG states that it is..... not that you can find it at a cheaper price some where else or just do not want it anymore.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old November 7th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile Tanzanite International

Unfortunately Diamonds International are known for their strict policies. Morris Gad, the CEO didn't make his fortune so quickly without some serious smallprint.

Have you tried getting the stone appraised? You may find that it is indeed lower quality and this will be your ticket to return it. It seems the only loophole in the contract receipt. There are many registered appraisors around - try www.jewelryjudge.net to locate one in your area, they have a register of GIA qualified appraisors. Or maybe www.lapigems.com/tanzanite.asp - they have an "Ask a Gemologist" feature which may of some use before paying for an appraisal.

Good luck!
Old October 20th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi - I'm a gemmologist myself and was pretty shocked to see the prices of tanzanite on a cruise we recently took. Its certainly not the bargain they make it out to be ! Interestingly, the mining company which mines most of the worlds tanzanite just opened up an online store, and they really have good deals. You do have to pay your countries import tax ( USA = 5% ) but the quality is excellent and they have a good return's policy and free shipping.

Last edited by Kuki; October 21st, 2013 at 12:35 AM.
Old October 21st, 2013, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Interesting that this is LMK's first post, a thread that sat idle for almost a year? Methinks it may not be legit.