CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Port Of Tampa (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/391377-port-tampa.html)

Cruznut2 August 22nd, 2012 04:30 AM

Port Of Tampa

Carnival has two ships sailing from Tampa, the Legend that does the Western Caribbean on 7 day cruises departing on Sunday. They also have the Paradise that does 4 and 5 night cruises also to the Western Caribbean. I have written to Carnival about this to no avail. I even wrote to John Heald in hopes that he would send it to the proper place. Why does The Legend only do Western? Why not rotate East and West with this ship? I live near Tampa and the idea of just having a port close to home is great but I have seen Cozumel and Grand Cayman enough to last a lifetime. I have had clients ask this question too and I sure would like to see this change. We sure would like a change here in the Tampa area.

Laura

Phil&Liz August 23rd, 2012 09:45 PM

Hope y'all don't get too much rough stuff from the storm.

Dad is in St. Pete, which is somewhat protected.

Cruznut2 August 24th, 2012 04:30 AM

It is now 4:30 AM Friday and I just heard on the news that the storm is tracking enough to the west to just leave a glancing blow to Tampa. They said they no longer think that Tampa is in any great danger.

Laura

DarthGrady September 1st, 2012 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruznut2 (Post 1443059)
Carnival has two ships sailing from Tampa, the Legend that does the Western Caribbean on 7 day cruises departing on Sunday. They also have the Paradise that does 4 and 5 night cruises also to the Western Caribbean. I have written to Carnival about this to no avail. I even wrote to John Heald in hopes that he would send it to the proper place. Why does The Legend only do Western? Why not rotate East and West with this ship? I live near Tampa and the idea of just having a port close to home is great but I have seen Cozumel and Grand Cayman enough to last a lifetime. I have had clients ask this question too and I sure would like to see this change. We sure would like a change here in the Tampa area.

Laura

I would like to see more variety from Tampa as well. The same old Western Caribbean stops do get old after a while. If they'd even throw in some new US stops I'd be happy, maybe Key West or New Orleans.

Aerogirl September 1st, 2012 12:15 PM

I agree with you Laura. I would love to see an eastern added to Tampa. One of my cruise partners lives in Riverview right outside Tampa so it would work well although I only sailed out of Tampa one time is it was a bad experience but I would try it one more time. I wonder how often the ships are late coming and going out of there compared to other ports, I hear it’s not uncommon for port of Tampa