CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   All inclusive drink test (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/391406-all-inclusive-drink-test.html)

tobytovar August 23rd, 2012 09:44 AM

All inclusive drink test

I have not seen it on a thread here yet but I am interested in what everyone thinks about the test being run on VICTORY now on the all-inclusive drink plan. From what I read it is $49.95 per person per day PLUS 15% gratuity. The gratuity would add $6.50 to the total per day. As anyone who cruises know that 15% adds a ton of the end of cruise bill. Most everyone says they don't drink that much a day but think about it. Bloody Mary's in the morning, drinks by the pool, wine at dinner, and of course the piano bar or disco at night. At $7 0r $8 a drink plus the gratuity that adds up. Of course you could just buy the drink tickets on-line and the gratuity is included. That way you can tip your favourite bartender hand to hand.
What do you think?:?:

green_rd August 23rd, 2012 11:04 AM

Celebrity offers a similar plan so I did some math. With the plan above you would need to have about 6 or 7 drinks a day to make it pay for itself. If you throw in some fru fru coffees this will pay off for some folks. Not for me.

Remember time you spend on shore drinking will not be covered as well.

nlb1050 August 23rd, 2012 11:52 AM

I can see this working for some people but probably not for most. And when you read all about it all people int he cabin (over 21) have to buy the package. If one does not drink much then it is not worth it. I know that I will not be trying this.

bulldogsrus August 24th, 2012 06:15 PM

I just can not see this being a great value for my wife and I. We would be losing our rears at these prices.

Donna August 24th, 2012 08:48 PM

Same here, I don't drink enough to make it worth while, I just simply order them as needed :-)

aerospace August 24th, 2012 10:05 PM

The drink tab would be more than my cruise.

The soda package can be good if you drink only sodas through the day though I'm good with water or tea and maybe juice in the AM. Might spend $50 total on a 10day trip.

Meme1969 August 25th, 2012 08:46 AM

Annual "Open Bar" cruise

1 Attachment(s)
We do this on our annual cruise through Carnival already, with a group of at least 30 adults with everyone participating and for some it saves money and for others not so much, but it's nice to not have to worry about the bill at the end. We just went on the Carnival Dream in July and are scheduled for our next one on Carnival Freedom in June, 2013, for 8 days. It cost us $55 a day X 7 days ($385.00), but we also received $100.00 OBC and it included soda, water, juice, and energy drinks, so for most of us it was well worth it. When you consider that the frozen cocktails run $8, a soda @ $2.50, or a mixed drink @ $7, beer @ $5 and water @ $2. If you only had 2 frozen cocktails, a couple of beers, a soda at lunch, a mixed drink at dinner and a couple of waters throughout the day, you've already spent more than what you have paid.