CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Port of Miami Closed (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/391460-port-miami-closed.html)

cruised1014 August 25th, 2012 06:59 PM

Port of Miami Closed

The Port of Miami will close at 11 pm tonight Saturday August 25th and reopen Noon on Monday August 27th weather permitting. Almost all of Carnival ships are either stuck in the Port or for example the Valor will stay out at sea and won't return to the Port of Miami till Noon Monday. I have also heard Port Everglades will also be closed for the same period of time. I will post more information as soon as new news comes to light. Ed

Look at this link: Tropical Storm Isaac affecting Carnival Cruise line schedules

cruised1014 August 25th, 2012 07:54 PM

Port of Tampa closed 3 am Sunday August 26th

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruised1014 (Post 1443645)
The Port of Miami will close at 11 pm tonight Saturday August 25th and reopen Noon on Monday August 27th weather permitting. Almost all of Carnival ships are either stuck in the Port or for example the Valor will stay out at sea and won't return to the Port of Miami till Noon Monday. I have also heard Port Everglades will also be closed for the same period of time. I will post more information as soon as new news comes to light. Ed

Look at this link: Tropical Storm Isaac affecting Carnival Cruise line schedules

Go to www.carnival.com look to the top left of the home page click on "weather update"

The Carnival Legend was supposed to be docking in Tampa but was rerouted to Port Canaveral. They will bus passengers from the ship to Tampa and New Passengers debarking Sunday August 26th to Port Canaveral. Passport only passengers will be allowed to board only this is not a closed loop sailing. You must cancel and rebook if you have a birth certifacate and drivers license. Stay safe.

Cruznut2 August 25th, 2012 07:54 PM

Port Of Tampa

Passengers for Carnival Legend 08/26/12! Legend will not be entering the Port of Tampa due to TS Isaac. Passengers for this sailing will be taken by bus to Port Canaveral to meet the Legend for their cruise. They will be returned to Tampa at the end of the cruise.

Laura

cruised1014 August 25th, 2012 08:05 PM

That is what I posted.

ruthlessboss August 25th, 2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruised1014 (Post 1443656)
Go to Cruise Deals, Discount Cruises, and Cruise Vacations look to the top left of the home page click on "weather update"

The Carnival Legend was supposed to be docking in Tampa but was rerouted to Port Canaveral. They will bus passengers from the ship to Tampa and New Passengers debarking Sunday August 26th to Port Canaveral. Passport only passengers will be allowed to board only this is not a closed loop sailing. You must cancel and rebook if you have a birth certifacate and drivers license. Stay safe.

Reread your post about going from Tampa to Canaveral. The other poster did the correction.;)

Cruznut2 August 26th, 2012 04:42 AM

We must have been typing at the same time. It was not there when I started my post or I would not have posted also.

Laura

ChiTownCruiser August 27th, 2012 12:02 PM

Carnival Valor, Majesty of the Seas and Norwegian Sky are all circling just outside of the port waiting for clearance. Webcam looks like it still a little windy and choppy seas, but hopefully the ships will get to come home soon.

Love these websites -
Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions
Port of Miami Webcam - A Cruise Ship and Scenic Web Cam in Miami Florida

ChiTownCruiser August 27th, 2012 12:03 PM

Carnival Imagination has just joined the group of circling ships. :cool:

cruised1014 August 27th, 2012 02:38 PM

Port of Miami ( Heavy Rain / Wind )

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTownCruiser (Post 1443956)
Carnival Valor, Majesty of the Seas and Norwegian Sky are all circling just outside of the port waiting for clearance. Webcam looks like it still a little windy and choppy seas, but hopefully the ships will get to come home soon.

Love these websites -
Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions
Port of Miami Webcam - A Cruise Ship and Scenic Web Cam in Miami Florida

Yes, looking at the Live web cam you can clearly see that no Cruise ships are in the Port of Miami as of Monday August 27th at 2:30 p.m. I really feel soory for all those people who are still on the Carnival Valor for 9 days now and even If they get into Port the rain is pouring at 2 inches per hour as of right now. Stay safe. Ed

ChiTownCruiser August 27th, 2012 04:10 PM

They're coming home now! Norwegian Sky, Majesty of the Seas, Carnival Valor, then Carnival Imagination.

It's like a parade!

cruised1014 August 27th, 2012 04:16 PM

Port of Miami Now Open

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTownCruiser (Post 1444011)
They're coming home now! Norwegian Sky, Majesty of the Seas, Carnival Valor, then Carnival Imagination.

It's like a parade!

Yeah, I have been watching the live web cam of them coming in. I feel bad for the passengers coming off and on what a nightmare. I will be reading all the upcoming posts of there stories. Ed

ChiTownCruiser August 27th, 2012 04:33 PM

Been there, done that. Had a 7 day cruise turn into a 9 day on Navigator of the Seas back in Hurricane Frances. There's nothing more frustrating than not knowing when you might be coming home.