Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default How about the popularity of Dream?

Hi Everyone,

I appreciate if you can provide some advice on the popularity of Carnival Dream. Our family are planning a trip which is around Dec.16, a week before the holiday cruise. However my father still can't set his schedule so there is a risk if we book the ship now, we could lost the money if we cancel the trip.
Now my plan is just book one cabin now, for my wife and me, and we wait till my father set his schedule then book another one cabin, whether balcony or inside. Is this possible? Since I am a little afraid of Dream is so popular that I cannot get a cabin at that very late time.

Originally we are planning to book Ruby Princess, however due to most of her passengers are seniors and they are not that possibly to change their travel plan. So we decide to keep another eye on Dream.
Thanks everyone again!
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by hy6356 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I appreciate if you can provide some advice on the popularity of Carnival Dream. Our family are planning a trip which is around Dec.16, a week before the holiday cruise. However my father still can't set his schedule so there is a risk if we book the ship now, we could lost the money if we cancel the trip.
Now my plan is just book one cabin now, for my wife and me, and we wait till my father set his schedule then book another one cabin, whether balcony or inside. Is this possible? Since I am a little afraid of Dream is so popular that I cannot get a cabin at that very late time.

Originally we are planning to book Ruby Princess, however due to most of her passengers are seniors and they are not that possibly to change their travel plan. So we decide to keep another eye on Dream.
Thanks everyone again!
The Dream is popular and like most Carnival ships sails close to full every week. That week in December however might be one of the least desired weeks since it is before the holiday week and kids are still in school.

I don't know how soon your father will be able to determine his schedule, but what ever you do, DON'T book early saver. If he is unable to book that week then you will be stuck either going without him, or losing $50pp of your deposit to change weeks.

There should be plenty of cabins available until shortly after final payment date.

I was just looking at the booking engine though and the Dream doesn't sail on December 16th in 2012 or 2013. The Dream sails on Saturdays so this year it's the 15th and next year it's the 14th.

Festival 5/1983, Festivale 6/1984, Holiday 7/2001, Inspiration 2/2002
Paradise 3/2004, Pride 9/2004, Victory 5/2005, Conquest 4/2006
Conquest 9/2006, Freedom 3/2007, Glory 9/2007, Conquest 2/2008
Valor 5/2008, Glory 8/2008 & 9/2008, Fantasy 2/2009
Conquest 9/2009, Dream 12/2009, Conquest 2/2010, Ecstasy 4/2010
Conquest 9/2010, Ecstasy 2/2011, Glory 2/2011, Conquest 10/2011
Triumph 11/2011, Magic 3/2012