Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Parking at Port Canaveral

I have looked at parking at Port Canaveral and at off site parking there.The port parking offers " By your Ship" parking for about $20 A DAY but the off site parking offers a senior rate of $5 a day just 10 minutes away. Can anyone give me input on these two options?
Thanks for the input
Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

It is probably similar to airport parking where you have to take a bus to get to the ship. That will require waiting in a bus line, etc.

But in my opinion for a 75% savings it is worth it. It will take you longer to get to/from your car, but that is not a big deal, really.

Old September 7th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Wow, the $5.00 a day sounds well worth it..you can use your savings for goodies onboard.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 7th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Captain

I did one of those parking lots in February of this year and it was just fine. When we pulled into the lot, I paid and parked. The shuttle bus was right behind us and took us to the port in less than 10 minutes. We were actually running a little late and they actually called to make sure we were ok.

Upon departure from the cruise end, the shuttle bus was there in about 5 minutes and we were on our way home in no time.

Go for the savings on this one! The company we used was "Park N Cruise" and I just looked back into my old emails and sure enough, we paid $4.99 per night too!
Inspiration -09/05
Mariner-05/06 & 10/09
Century-01/07
Crown-04/07
Liberty-11/07
Explorer-08/08
Insignia-11/08
Destiny-07/09
Oasis Inaugural Cruise-12/09
Monarch-03/10 & 07/10
Equinox-08/10
Freedom-02/2012
Mariner; RSS- 10/12
Jewel-12/12 b2b
Independence-12/13
Enchantment- 01/14

Legend of the Seas; 04/16/2014; Booked
Old September 26th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Admiral

We too, tried Park-n-Cruise and found it to be EXCELLENT! They unloaded our baggage from the auto, and we had very little wait to get on the very short ride to the ship. The Park-n-Cruise van was exactly where they said it would be when we returned from our cruise, and once again, they helped load and unload our baggage. We gave the driver a small tip each time, and still saved $15 per DAY on parking.
We had occasion to check out the NEW Carnival pier, and IMO it's going to be much WORSE than the old pier for those of us who park and sail, if you plan on parking at the pier. The garage is MUCH further from the pier, and it looks to me like it's going to be a major PIA to park there. One more reason to use Park-n-Cruise or one of the other off site parking facilities!

"SKY"
Old September 26th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Admiral

I always use Park n Cruise. Drive into their quanset hut, you and baggage unload without being out in the elements (great for rainy days or blistery hot days), they have limited bathrooms in there, but at least there's one there. Picnic tables out front in case you have a wait period for whatever reason. They do not park your car for you, but neither do parking garages. This place is just outside the port, it's the last exit off the 528, which is the route to get to the port anyway.