Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default FTTF reprise

Just saw this post on another board from friends of ours that just got back from a cruise on the Carnival Conquest. Oh Boy........

We just came back from our cruise out of New Orleans. The worst part was the embarkment. It was a joke!!!!!!! I am a platium member of Carnival and I find it upsetting when you have tons of people who paid the $49.95 to become VIP members taking up the line and getting on the ship ahead of the people who earned the Platium and Diamond level.. The VIP was longer and slower than the regular line to board the ship. There was mass chaos at the terminal! I would have gotten on the ship faster if it would have been my first time on the cruise and not paid the $49.95. There were four people in line in front of us complaining because they paid that fee and they didn't get on the ship any earlier than they would have without paying the extra money. It is a shame that Carnival is treating its loyal customers this way. I guess Platium and Diamond members doesn't mean anything to Carnival anymore.
Previous Cruises since 1985 Carnival (32) - Holiday X4, Jubilee, Celebration X3, Fantasy X2, Ecstasy, Sensation X2, Fascination X2, Destiny X2, Victory, Triumph X2, Glory X2, Legend X3, Pride X2, Miracle X3, Dream, Splendor
Cunard - Countess
NCL - Norway
Premier - Rembrandt
Celebrity - Zenith
RCI - Explorer of the Seas

Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Admiral

Guess I'll save my $50. We have only had any kind of wait one time, the time we went early. Had to do that to get the hotel shuttle. I'm not so hard up the I need a free lunch on the lido at the cost of dragging a carry on around the ship.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Coral Princess - tour starts 5/31 in Fairbanks

Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old September 20th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamman View Post
Just saw this post on another board from friends of ours that just got back from a cruise on the Carnival Conquest. Oh Boy........

We just came back from our cruise out of New Orleans. The worst part was the embarkment. It was a joke!!!!!!! I am a platium member of Carnival and I find it upsetting when you have tons of people who paid the $49.95 to become VIP members taking up the line and getting on the ship ahead of the people who earned the Platium and Diamond level.. The VIP was longer and slower than the regular line to board the ship. There was mass chaos at the terminal! I would have gotten on the ship faster if it would have been my first time on the cruise and not paid the $49.95. There were four people in line in front of us complaining because they paid that fee and they didn't get on the ship any earlier than they would have without paying the extra money. It is a shame that Carnival is treating its loyal customers this way. I guess Platium and Diamond members doesn't mean anything to Carnival anymore.

This is VERY ODD...

the Conquest does NOT sell the FTTF that I am aware of.

Only the Liberty and the Imagination.....(still on a test basis)

We were on the Sept 2nd sailing on the Conquest and I agree that even though we arrived at 10:10am...it was PACKED. (both regular seating and the VIP seating....

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old September 20th, 2012, 04:09 PM
First Mate

We will be going on the Conquest on September 30. I we Platinum members won't have a problem boarding.
Old September 20th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Everyone will get on the boat sooner or later. Its your vacation!!! Sit back and enjoy. People watch.... whatever passes the time. *****ing and moaning isnt going to get you on the boat any quicker

Holiday 2002
Conquest 2004
Sensation 2008
Splendor 2009
Elation 2010
Truimph 2011
Conquest 2012
Elation 2012
Elation 2012 (B2B)
Conquest 2013
Sunshine 2014
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4acruise View Post
We will be going on the Conquest on September 30. I we Platinum members won't have a problem boarding.

The issue seems to be a very small VIP office.(and the computers went down which slowed everything down)

When we arrived at 10:10am...it was fine. Although the VIP seating space (after they had checked in but waiting to board) was 98% filled ...

however when some Diamond members we know arrive about 11AM... the VIP office was packed...so they sent them over to the regular line...

boarding had already started ... we boarded at 11:15am

which is a good thing, because even the regular seating was filled..I do not know what they would have put anyone else.

I have never seen it so full so early.

20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by averrette View Post
Everyone will get on the boat sooner or later. Its your vacation!!! Sit back and enjoy. People watch.... whatever passes the time. *****ing and moaning isnt going to get you on the boat any quicker

I can assure you that folks will complain ALOT if they spend $50 for the FTTF and do not feel like they are getting their money's worth.....

Old September 20th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamman View Post

Is it a board where they discourage you from calling a troll a troll?