CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   back from our first cruise on the conquest (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/392123-back-our-first-cruise-conquest.html)

twoAlaskans September 27th, 2012 07:34 AM

back from our first cruise on the conquest

Just arrived back home after a wonderful time on the Conquest the week of 9/16-9/23/12 and can only say it was better than we expected. This was our very first cruise ever and we are planning on going again in a couple of years. Our only, and I mean only complaint on the whole trip was the Punch Liner comedy club. The manager was rude, intoxicated, and would get very disrespectful of you if you just asked if you could wait until the door was free of people cramming to get out….they ask you to leave between shows, which creates a huge mass gathering of people right at the exit doors… which is dangerous as when they finally allowed people back in as we were walking to a table my wife was pushed to the floor by other passengers (who were intoxicated) and we saw others as well being pushed down and pulled back so folks could get a seat when we were attempting to go back in. We don’t understand why something so popular does not have a bigger venue…and safer….when I approached the manager after the show he was the rudest jerk I have ever dealt with and was (I have been in bar management in the past) intoxicated….and as a past bar manager you know employees should NEVER EVER drink…it is dangerous and this experience proved that…We plan on writing Carnival Corporate office about his as guest services I do not think really cared. Another issue was he was doing shots and as such it makes you feel less safe as if he is in charge of the area and something happens and he has had 3 or 4 shots that is a problem….other than that the rest of the staff on the ship were wonderful, the excursions were great and we would do it all over again…our ratings

Cabin (we had an extended cabin on deck 7 (7434): WOW
Food: WONDERFUL….
Jamacian excursion (Appleton Estate Tour): Was wonderful, the driver Mr. Taylor and the tour guide Lisa were wonderful
Grand Cayman excursion (by land and by seas): was ok, only part that we liked was the sea turtle farm (we did however become entertained by a couple sitting behind us wanting them to stop at Wendy’s as they said and I quote “the food on the ship is horrid” I have no idea what food they were eating…as no one else did as well…
Cozumel (Mexican Cuisine cooking class): WOW!!!! This was a wonderful experience!
Steakhouse: So worth it…we went on the 18th which was our 20th anniversary and it way beyond all expectations….
Room Service: Great
Dining Room servers: WOW…we loved it and requested the same server every night and lunch (we had my time dining) and he was (K was his name) WONDERFUL…

As a side note does anyone know a good address for a complaint about this issue to carnival to hopefully keep others from experiencing the problems we did…

Mike M September 27th, 2012 10:51 AM

I would recommend writing:
guestcare@carnival.com

They are good about addressing issues and getting the people involved that need to be.

Here is the regular mailing address for Carnival. You can address it to:

Guest Relations
Carnival Cruise Lines
3655 NW 87th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178-2428

I'm glad you had a good first cruise and enjoyed the Conquest but sorry to hear that one rude person put a damper on things.

I hope you book another cruise real soon!

Take care,
Mike

Aerogirl September 27th, 2012 04:09 PM

Happy to hear your overall cruise was good!

lhp September 27th, 2012 04:51 PM

Glad to hear you had a good cruise.

Sorry to hear about the rudeness of the Punchliner Manager.

I would definately write a letter and explain your issue....

Btw, they hold it in a small venue to make it more intimate (like a real comedy club)....

but they definately need to work on their room clearing skills...it can be done safely ....

Trip September 27th, 2012 06:56 PM

I have fond memories of my Conquest cruise,and glad to hear you enjoyed yours as well. One thing I would like to say is, if by chance, you have any issues onboard, especially with the crew,[ who sounds like he needs a swift kick,] is, to express the complaint while onboard for a swift response. Since your complaint is of such importance, you can bet you will get a swift reply.

Waiting4acruise September 27th, 2012 07:53 PM

I will be on the Conquest this Sunday. I will let you know if the Comedy Club manager has improved.

twoAlaskans September 28th, 2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1448449)
I have fond memories of my Conquest cruise,and glad to hear you enjoyed yours as well. One thing I would like to say is, if by chance, you have any issues onboard, especially with the crew,[ who sounds like he needs a swift kick,] is, to express the complaint while onboard for a swift response. Since your complaint is of such importance, you can bet you will get a swift reply.

Oh we did go to guest services...they acted concerned...the next show they now closed one of the two doors and it was worse...he was still drinking...can you immagine the liability of the company had someting happens and this intoxicated crew member (on duty) makes a bad call on something....

cruise soon October 1st, 2012 05:28 PM

I am sorry you had this one bad experience. I am also glad you will not let this stop you from cruising. I too love the Conquest. We sailed on the Conquest from Galveston in 2010. It is a great ship and had a great crew. I am glad it is in New Orleans because I would like to sail on it again.

mehawk October 2nd, 2012 07:48 AM

I would be concerned myself if it was an on-duty crew member being intoxicated.

twoAlaskans October 3rd, 2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mehawk (Post 1448948)
I would be concerned myself if it was an on-duty crew member being intoxicated.

During emergencies (drills) if you notice they are considered crew and they do direct passigers...an employee drinking is an employee drinking...should never occur...liability is one part....lots of other reasons and the shots he was doing were those shots that are actually 3 shots....if there were a fire in the punchliner and you were to listen to directions of the manager (crew) if he is intoxicated would you feel comfy listening to him with all the other drunks running around? that is the issue