Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Admiral

Default Wet days when embarking/disembarking

Today is a wet day in Galveston and watching the Magic in port I cannot help but to feel sad for the people that have to endure this type of weather. I have trodded in this weather during embarkation/debarkation before and I absolutely dispise it. What a way to begin or end a wonderful cruise.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Yes a bummer. In reference to Galveston, we park at EZ Cruise so if it's too wet we ride the shuttle. Usually we would walk.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old September 30th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Familiar Face

I'm always the optimist.... a rainy day on or at the ship is still better than a sunny day at work! Lol.
Old September 30th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

It poured down rain in Ft. Lauderdale when we got on the Freedom. It stopped for the cruise and was storming when we got off. I was feeling bad for the next set of cruisers myself. All that waiting and planning - you can only hope that it clears up during the cruise.

Deni~
Old September 30th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

The Miami /Fll area has had a lot or rain this summer,and usually the friendly skies have not been so friendly recently. I do feel badly as I watch them sail away, but, the people on board are not shedding a tear, trust me.

After we were disembarked from the Epic in March...from the hospital window,I watched the skies open up,and, never stop the hard rain in St Thomas. I thought boy, the cruisers got robbed, that day.. Showers are easy, but sideways rain, is another story...;(

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 30th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Admiral

My first cruise was on the Conquest out of Galveston. It was a chilly, windy March day after a storm. I had not thought of the possibility and was wearing shorts. I about froze but it did not much matter. I know better now and go prepared but I'm with Chrissy....just knowing I'm getting on a ship is enough.
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

I was on the Voyager a few years ago on a 7-day Caribbean and it rained every day...every day. You never know.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.