Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2012, 06:47 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Back from Sept 29th Dream cruise :)

Our family (me, hubby, 5yr old, 2yr old, grandma and uncle) sailed on the Dream Sept 29th - Oct 6th for the western Caribbean (cozumel, roatan, belize and costa maya).

I'd be happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability if anyone has any.
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2012, 07:04 PM
First Mate

What did you enjoy the most? Did you have any real bad problems?
Thanks we leave on her Nov. 3rd
Old October 22nd, 2012, 10:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I enjoyed our Balcony the most, lol. It was our first time having one and we loved it!
The ship was very nice, didn't feel too crowded, other than coming out of the theater right after a show, lol, but that's normal.
Not sure if you have young children, but my son really seemed to enjoy Camp Carnival (2-5yr old area).
The pools are nice, but salty, so try not to splash, lol. The water slides were a blast!
We also really enjoyed the Mahogany Beach in Roatan! A nice relaxing beach day for us!

We did have a few issues, but probably nothing you will experience.
We had someone from Carnival set up room decorations and a beer package for both of our rooms, but the ship staff had no record of it, we finally got it all sorted out by about day 4. There were also a few items missing from our stateroom (no hand soap), no bath robes, etc) but they were brought after we notified housekeeping.
And one other issue was that we were told our carpets were going to be shampooed during our Belize day. Since we were not planning to get off the ship that day, and we have young children that would be in/out of the room with us, and napping, playing on the floor etc, we asked guest services if it could be done another day when we were off the ship at one of the other ports. We were told that was fine, no problem. But while we were out to breakfast on Belize day, they shampooed our carpets, and we had to walk on damp carpet all day, and of course my 2 year old kept sitting on the floor! Obviously no harm done, but a big annoyance and inconvenience for us after we were told they would not do it.

But all in all, the Dream is a lovely ship and most of the staff/crew are eager to help in any way possible.