CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Dream 12/15/12 Cove Balcony? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/392906-carnival-dream-12-15-12-cove-balcony.html)

TheDrummerboy November 4th, 2012 02:16 PM

Carnival Dream 12/15/12 Cove Balcony?

I everyone,

Just booked a B2B on the Dream and decided to give the Cove Balcony a try. Anyone here been in the Cove's before? We booked 2250 which is under the Shore Excursion Desk, so it should be very quiet.

Cruising with the wife and 12yr daughter.

Thanks for all the input and if your going to be on this cruise or the 12/22/12 Christmas cruise, leave a reply and lets connect.

Fern November 4th, 2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDrummerboy (Post 1453654)
I everyone,

Just booked a B2B on the Dream and decided to give the Cove Balcony a try. Anyone here been in the Cove's before? We booked 2250 which is under the Shore Excursion Desk, so it should be very quiet.

Cruising with the wife and 12yr daughter.

Thanks for all the input and if your going to be on this cruise or the 12/22/12 Christmas cruise, leave a reply and lets connect.

After checking the deck plan, I think that 2250 will be a good cabin. We like the Cove Balconies. The last one we were in (2414) was VERY noisy, but that's unusual. You may hear noise in the late morning and the early evening, but I would think that other times would be quiet. I'll be interested in hearing about your cabin when you return :)!

cherylroy November 8th, 2012 06:14 PM

Hi - we were in 2349 (Jan) - and absolutely LOVED the cove balcony! Booked another cove on the Breeze (next May) -- and hope we are just as happy. We are hooked to the cove balconies!

Tommy Hill November 13th, 2012 12:44 PM

Hello DrummerBoy,

My family is booked in 2254, 2 doors down from you for 12/15/12. Our first on the Dream & in a Cove Balcony. 32 days to go.

God Bless

Paul Motter November 13th, 2012 02:26 PM

I have never sailed in one but I like the idea of them - close to the water and out side activities, more privacy.

If it is too far back you may hear the anchor going down or thrusters working, but those are just short-term inconveniences.

zydecocruiser November 13th, 2012 08:57 PM

Coves are great. Only on deck 2 and they don't go so far forward or aft to where you would notice anchor or thruster noise. Sometimes there might be noise from the kitchen above. The views are amazing, especially if you are lucky enough to see dolphins or other wildlife swimming/flying along with the ship.

Carnival Dream Cove Balconies

Gail4cruising December 5th, 2012 07:17 PM

We loved the cove balcony. We had great weather and never had to have the door sealed off. I loved being right over the water. To me it was much better than one of the balconies on the upper levels. Would book one again without a moment's thought should I have the chance.