CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   More Carnival Sunshine Revealed (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/392965-more-carnival-sunshine-revealed.html)

Paul Motter November 8th, 2012 04:57 PM

More Carnival Sunshine Revealed

More Carnival Sunshine Revealed
by Paul Motter

Carnival just opened up a new web-based reveal for Project Sunshine, the refurbished Carnival Destiny.

http://www.cruisemates.com/images/CM...ne-topdeck.jpg
The new top deck includes an extensive waterpark

Carnival Cruise Lines is in the provess of completely refurbishing one of its most memorable ships from its past, the former Carnival Destiny is being remade as "Carnival Sunshine" by remodeling the ship, moving walls to add a number of new public rooms, completely re-decorating all of the staterooms, adding new dining spots and re-purposing many of the public rooms as space for added staterooms.

Carnival Destiny was launched in 1996 as the first cruise ever to debut at over 100,000-gross tons. I still recell seeing her appear in New York Harbor and being awed by her size. Essentially, she looked a little bit like previous Carnival, but it wasn't just that she had more decks (which she did), but the all important first impression she exuded was sheer size; Everything about her was just bigger, wider, taller and longer. It was like a regular Carnival cruise ship had been blown up like a balloon.

Read more: More Carnival Sunshine Revealed

zydecocruiser November 8th, 2012 05:54 PM

Looking forward to our cruise on the new Carnival Sunshine. :D

Donna November 8th, 2012 06:37 PM

Wow, those are some major re-designs, and the water park takes up half the upper deck....Should be amazing..

Aerogirl November 9th, 2012 04:57 PM

Maybe a CM's eastern Caribbean cruise???

Now that would be nice!!

Dwayne November 9th, 2012 06:36 PM

Love all the new additions and refurbs. Does anyone know if the Shake Spot is going to have a Nominal charge? It's going to be tempting to hit that place after a Guy's burger!! :D

zydecocruiser November 10th, 2012 09:03 AM

I imagine there will be a charge at the Shake Shop just like there is for ice cream at the existing Coffee Bars. There is supposed to be some sort of Shake package that will be available.

" Shake Spot, the ideal place to “chill” where guests can enjoy delicious hand-crafted milkshakes while taking a break from all the fun in the sun. In addition to a distinctive island-inspired décor, Shake Spot will offer classic milkshakes and floats, as well as tropical fruit shakes and “adult shakes and floats” made with Grand Marnier, Cointreau and other liqueurs, all available with a variety of fun toppings. There’s even an all-inclusive “Shake Lover’s Package” for those who simply can’t get enough of these unique and nostalgic treats on vacation."

Carnival Cruise Lines News

Kuki November 10th, 2012 09:21 AM

So it does appear the aft pool is gone. One pool for the ship.

Guess all the additional stuff, something had to go.

Donna November 10th, 2012 10:30 AM

I think one pool could cause some issues, especially with the lounge chairs, I can see it coming...OY....I do, however love the milkshake idea, tha may go over pretty good too....Time will tell.

Aerogirl November 10th, 2012 11:45 AM

Yes one pool is not good however I have never gone into the pools on the ship. I think as long as there's a place to lay out they may be ok?

zydecocruiser November 11th, 2012 04:39 PM

There are two pools - they are adding an adult pool and waterfall to the 3 deck Serenity area.

zydecocruiser November 12th, 2012 12:05 PM

You can see before/after of some locations
Carnival Fun Ships | Cruise Ships | Carnival Cruise Lines

Steve89103 July 30th, 2013 07:19 PM

Sailing on Sunhine 23 Feb, 2014

Can't wait. Anyone Else going? ? ?