Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Red face Stroller on Cruise

So I have an autistic 22 month old who does very well sleeping in his big stroller but not so much in an umbrella stroller. It is fully collapsible.We were planning on taking the big one for that reason and also because it has the big wheel which is easy to drive in sand etc. As I've been reading posts about strollers, everyone is saying that I will have trouble walking in the hallways and in the elevators etc. I want to bring it to make my life easier not harder. What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Admiral

On our last cruise there were folks down the hall with a big stroller parked outside their cabin (it will tit inside, no problem there.) I assume they had no problem with the elevators we were on deck 8. Their cabin was somewhat close to the aft elevators.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Coral Princess - tour starts 5/31 in Fairbanks

Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old December 7th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Elevators:

The day you board, and as you disembark, with so many people, going up & down, the elevators would be the most crowded for your family, as well as peak times ,like after a show. Most people will be thoughtful, and welcome you in.

Storage:

As it collapses as well, I would bring it in the cabin, because you never know

Very Important:

Wishing you and your family a wonderful cruise...enjoy every minute

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 7th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I'd be sure to bring the stroller into the cabin each night. The hallways are narrow, and with people moving up and down along the corridor, and the housekeeping carts along the way adding another obstacle wouldn't work so well.

You may have some delays waiting for elevators if you require the extra space, but other that and the need to break the thing down for tenders to ports (where necessary), you shouldn't encounter too many obstacles to traveling with the stroller.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 7th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Admiral

Another thing, depending which ports you visit: some have cobblestone streets, which makes pushing a carriage, tough, and, also some high curbs..just so you'll know...

Old December 7th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Captain

I'm pretty sure you are not allowed to leave it outside the cabin in the hallway. Not saying people follow the rules...but I know its against the rules to leave handicapped carts outside in the halls, so Im thinking strollers would have the same rules.

The cabin stewards have their carts parked outside in the halls a lot of the time.. and mostly just where you have to get past them you might have to wait and go single file past those carts.

I really dont see any problem myself. It can be a pain to wait for elevators, after a show or after muster. I travelled with my sister who is HC and we had to take the elevators, so I know it can be a pain to wait. If there is a crowd and you are not by the door people will rush past you, even if they know you have been waiting longer than them. Ive waited 10 minutes while people rushed the elevators after muster, they dont care, they want to be first.

Just be patient though.. and you will be fine.
Conquest 7/21/13, Miracle ALASKA 8/27/13, Miracle HAWAII 9/17/13, Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 3/2/14, Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/8/14
Old December 9th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Another thing, depending which ports you visit: some have cobblestone streets, which makes pushing a carriage, tough, and, also some high curbs..just so you'll know...
This is a big reason why we want to bring the big stroller instead of an umbrella stroller....it is a hiking stroller with two wheels in the back and one big wheel in the front....it plows over almost anything!
Old December 9th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Great, then you'll all have fun strolling around.