Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thumbs down Carnival Dream, Spa space Hogs and limited dancing

Just back from a trip on the Carnival Dream, Dec 2012. The boat was nice, but we were disappointed with the SPA/Gym and Entertainment.
The most frustrating was with aerobics section in the SPA. Regardless of how many people were taking a class (only 1) the entire section was closed off. They wanted to cram us all together in front of the ellipticals, no room. This was the only time I’ve been denied space. Waste of space and resources. The staffs excuse was “they paid for the class.” So did they also pay for the only large area available for aerobics and stretching? I don’t need help with Detox or to be shown how to do a sit-up. Just give me space. I also paid to be there. Too much limitation, without a reason. Would not open it up to “regular” passengers. Had to pay extra for a class. NOWAY
The Carnival Dream were also very quick to close down the buffet in the afternoon when we were getting back from excursions.
Where’s the dance floor? When they had dance gatherings on the 10th deck by the pool, the staff did not make any room. Trying to do line dancing in the little space between the deck chairs. No wonder they had very little competition.
The Groove for St Jude was only 3 songs. Really, was it too much of a imposition? We want to Dance!
The Caliente club was always empty. Give us something to dance to!
Very often in the evenings, could not find anything good for entertainment. We went to two shows, but they were exactly the same as on the Carnival Glory, even the jokes.
The highlights of entertainment was Imani in the piano bar and an Asian couple that were very good.
The Carnival Glory is much better even though it’s a little older. Continuous, high quality entertainment.
Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Yes, I have heard similar thoughts on Dream.

It was the first of that "Dream-class" and so was not built with many of the new ideas they came up with in 2011, the Funship 2.0 ideas.

Dream is actually a big but also a pretty crowded ship. I was disappointed to see they had not made food stations in the buffet area, but rather still had the same old lines.

Dream should be getting the FunShip 2.0 upgrades, but they usually do not schedule such upgrades to be done until a ship needs other maintenance, and Dream is still too new to need to go into dry dock for mechanical reasons, hence it may be among the last to get FunShip 2.0 enhancements.