Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2012, 10:31 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Carnival ship Legend

The wife and I are taking our first cruise with Carnival at the end of Jan and we are booked on the Legend. From what l can see it is an older (2002) ship and have found no record of it being refurbished. I was just wanting to hear from others that have sailed on her and would like to get their opinions, pros and cons. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Carnival Legend Cruise Ship | Carnival Legend Reviews | Carnival Cruise Line

It has not been refurbished yet - but that just means it is old-school Carnival (still good).

You won't get Guy Fieri's hamburgers, but that 2000 calories you probably don't need

You will still have a very fun cruise, go with an open mind. The "old" Carnival is what made the line famous, so you have a chance to see it.

And I don't mean to imply this is an old ship, it is actually fairly new, I am just referring to the shows and some of the onboard lounges, etc.
Old December 24th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Admiral

"Legend" is a Spirit Class ship, which is the absolute favorite of many, many cruisers. It's big enough to have almost anything you might want, but not so big that you have to pack a lunch before hiking from the bow to the stern. Also, it's one of the few ship designs that allow you to pass from bow to stern on any deck without having to go up, or down a deck or two in order to get there. I haven't personally sailed "Legend" for about two years, but the last time I did, she was GREAT. Also, embarking at the Port of Tampa is normally very easy, and IMO, one of the better ports from which to sail. I feel safe in suggesting that you're going to have a magnificant cruise aboard "Legend", and would bet that upon your return, you'll book her again! As a matter of fact, I just might join you on your "Legend" cruise, as I've been considering another cruise aboard that great ship myself.

"SKY"
Old December 26th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Paul you have really put a damper on my cruise. I really wanted that hamburger!!! You're right tho I don't need the calories. And thanks for the link to the ship.
Thanks for the reply Sky, good info there. I'm sure the wife will have a great time. If you decide to join us wear a cardboard sign around your neck with your name on it so I will recognize you.
Old December 26th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Captain

If you mean when does Legend get 2.0, I do not believe a date was set yet?

I do see it will be sometime next year.

What is the Fun Ship 2.0 implementation schedule? - FAQ's - Carnival Funville

So sorry about the hamburgers, they are the best part of 2.0 to me. The rest did not excite me that much.
Conquest 7/21/13, Miracle ALASKA 8/27/13, Miracle HAWAII 9/17/13, Celebrity Summit, 11/30/13, Celebrity Summit, 12/7/13, Celebrity Constellation, 2/7/14, NCL Epic 3/2/14, Allure 5/4/14, Allure 11/2/14, Quantum 12/8/14
Old December 26th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I just got back on the 23rd and I loved the Legend it,s a great ship and lots of fun to be had. They added a new show (dance and magic) it was pretty good and had a blast in Mudusas lair but guess that depends on your age, great club atmospher, If you visit tell Adrian that Chuck and his dad say hi and thanks for a great trip. Diner was great and the wait staff was great. Although ya dont get guys burgers there are good burgers at the grill deli was great and 24 hour pizza came in handy after a night drinking . One thing I did notice though and am not sure if it is normal for these ship (last 2 I was on were the Norway and Carnival) but the whole ship seemed to vibrate. Wasnt anything alarming but it was interesting. Like other said go with an open mind and a mindset to have fun and you will ove the trip. I can't wait to sail her again!
Old December 28th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

I love the Legend. As far as refurbishment it has been to dry dock several times since 2002 for routine maintenance. True it does not have Funship 2.0 with the Guy's Burgers etc. Yet, the ship packs a lot of fun and relaxation with the new Serenity Adults Only area added in 2011. Also check out the Enchanted Forest on deck 3 forward.

I agree with a previous post about the ship being easy to navigate from bow to stern. Plenty of deck space as well. Go with an open mind and you to will love this ship.
Old December 28th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Welcome Newcomer

While the wife and I don't drink or dance I'm sure that it will be fine. I'm really glad to hear that the ship is easy to navigate because I tend to get lost easily.