CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Liberty?? Any hints, secrets, tips?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/394038-carnival-liberty-any-hints-secrets-tips.html)

Soapbxking January 8th, 2013 04:18 PM

Carnival Liberty?? Any hints, secrets, tips??

We are sailing on the Liberty on April 6. Never sailed this ship before. Anyone have any tid bits of info to share. Also who is the CD on her right now??:)

JLI219 January 9th, 2013 12:47 PM

If you're a burger lover, got to try Guy's Burger Joint! CD was Butch when I was on in January 2012, not sure who is on now. To me, the ship resembled the 4 other Carnival ships I have been on before.

Aerogirl January 9th, 2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soapbxking (Post 1460889)
We are sailing on the Liberty on April 6. Never sailed this ship before. Anyone have any tid bits of info to share. Also who is the CD on her right now??:)

Don't know much about the ship but we did sail her sister ship Freedom in 2011 and will be cruising on Liberty in December. Be sure to come back after your cruise and tell me all about it! Freedom was awesome so I expect the same to be true about liberty.

Mike M January 9th, 2013 02:21 PM

Guy's Burger Bar is something that should be tried at least once. The burgers are loaded with calories but they are delicious.

The sushi they have each night is worth the wait. We found that on some nights there were long lines.

The outdoor movie is fun, especially if you have kids but they need a bigger popcorn machine to cut down on the wait. However the wait is only a couple of minutes No more than most local theaters.

The aft pool is a great place to get away from it all. Plus it's closer to the ice cream machine. :)

Spend the first part of the time when you board to walk the ship and see where and what everything is. This will give you an idea on what you would like to see more of.

Take care and have a great cruise.
Mike

Soapbxking January 9th, 2013 02:32 PM

Yes I am a burger lover and love Feiri also!! Planning to try the burgers the first day :-)

Soapbxking January 9th, 2013 02:34 PM

Of course I wil post a review when I return!!! I have sailed 4 times previously on 3 different ships with Carnival(Imagination, Triumph, and Paradise-2 times). I am anticipating a fun time once again!! Hope to see Belize this time as we could not tender back in 2003.

Soapbxking January 9th, 2013 02:36 PM

Not worried about calories on a cruise Mike :-). The girlfriend will love the sushi as well. have sailed 4 times previously, and looking forward to another fun time :-) I am hoping the aft ppol is a good get away from the loud sometimes!!

flowers January 9th, 2013 03:42 PM

[QUOTE]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1460962)
The sushi they have each night is worth the wait. We found that on some nights there were long lines. /QUOTE]

Do they still have sushi, except up on the buffet these days? On Conquest when it got 2.0 and guys they took away the sushi and now have the taste bar (so so I thought)

I have not been on Liberty but was on sister Conquest who also has 2.0

mopgenius January 9th, 2013 10:48 PM

Was on Liberty December 8-15 2012, Karl was cruise director & he was great. Tried Guy's burgers several times, very good & looked the other way on the calorie issue. Piano Bar was very good, and food & customer service was as good as we had hoped. Music in atrium each night was good, and fun visiting with other guests. Only tip to avoid is the luggage express porgram, take your bags off yourself if you have early Saturday flight?

Soapbxking January 9th, 2013 11:21 PM

Thanks!! Yeah I had heard Karl with a K was on there. Had him before on the Paradise I think years ago!!. I agree I like taking my own bags off as well!!. Did you do the Western or Eastern route??

Mike M January 9th, 2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flowers (Post 1460977)
Do they still have sushi, except up on the buffet these days? On Conquest when it got 2.0 and guys they took away the sushi and now have the taste bar (so so I thought)

I have not been on Liberty but was on sister Conquest who also has 2.0

As of last June they had Sushi in the area next to the specialty coffee place on, I believe, Deck 5. It was not in the buffet.

Take care,
Mike

purpledevilduck January 10th, 2013 05:02 PM

I have sailed on two of it's sister ships, Valor & Freedom, both great ships and I am getting ready to sail on the Liberty in February. I will let you know who the CD is and what I thought are don't miss item.

Soapbxking January 10th, 2013 07:35 PM

Thanks...ummmmmmmm well I dont know whether to call you Purple, Devil, or Duck!! :-) hahaha

Rperini3 January 12th, 2013 09:14 PM

Can't wait for your review, will be on the Liberty in Sept

Soapbxking January 13th, 2013 02:17 PM

I will most def. post a review!! :-) WIll be my 5th cruise on Carnival.

tison1200 January 13th, 2013 05:04 PM

My wife and I were on the Liberty Dec. 8-17th of 2012. In my opinon the Guys Burgers were hit and miss. We had them 3 times and 1 of the times they were not good at all..If I had to guess it was the fact that there were long lines and they were in a huge hury to get burgers off the grill.

The Aft pool area was normally pretty quiet where as the mid pool area was always hopping with live music and games etc. You MUST try the Diamond steakhouse. It is worth the extra cost!. What are your ports of call?

Soapbxking January 13th, 2013 11:14 PM

Cozumel,
Belize, Roatan, and G.Cayman

firster January 14th, 2013 04:53 PM

As of the schedule on John Heald's blog, Karl is the CD from now to July except for the time from March 2 - April 20 at which time the CD will be Hennie Van Heerden. We'll be on Liberty during the time. Anyone know what Hennie is like???

Soapbxking January 14th, 2013 08:36 PM

Well thats during my time as well as we are sailing April 6.

purpledevilduck January 18th, 2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firster (Post 1461430)
As of the schedule on John Heald's blog, Karl is the CD from now to July except for the time from March 2 - April 20 at which time the CD will be Hennie Van Heerden. We'll be on Liberty during the time. Anyone know what Hennie is like???

How is Karl as a CD? I will be sailing here early next month and have not sailed with him before.

purpledevilduck February 18th, 2013 06:00 PM

No BS review

So I just got back from my first cruise on the Carnival Liberty. I have sailed on two of her sister ships, Valor & Freedom, and here is my no BS review of the ship.

The ships theme does not match it's name. It doesn't even seem to match itself. It is still a nice ship and the aft dinning room, where we were seated looked nice.

The ship had been upgraded to being a Cruise 2.0 ship. I like the upgrade. The upgraded bars are a great upgrade. Don't miss Guy's Burgers. The new party's were great.

Overall it is a good ship not great. I have to say I like the Freedom better.

hkbrown79 March 3rd, 2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soapbxking (Post 1460889)

We are sailing same ship april 6th as well, just an FYI not sure if you'd be interested but they did make a few more FTF passes available. We jumped on this as our flight comes in early Saturday and with 2 tenders it will be nice for getting priority there.