CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Ilsa Pasion-Cozumel??? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/394143-ilsa-pasion-cozumel.html)

Soapbxking January 14th, 2013 07:50 PM

Ilsa Pasion-Cozumel???

Hey everyone. Thin king about doing the catamaran to Isla Pasion for the day. Has anyone done this?? how was it?/ Do they have lockers for personal stuff for rent etc??

Brian

Manuel January 14th, 2013 09:03 PM

I have been there three times. They have a nice beach and they serve a delicious lunch.
I never noticed lockers, but I don't see why you would need them.
When we go there I usually relax and have a few drinks. There are some beach toys and nice shady places to relax.

TM

Soapbxking January 14th, 2013 10:32 PM

Just wondering about securing valuables, money credit cards passport etc when we hit the water??

tobytovar January 18th, 2013 05:08 PM

We also have been there three times. There have never been too many people there each time we went so security is not a problem. There are tables, chairs, etc and we have just stuck stuff inside shoes under the chair. Lots to do or just walk on the beautiful beach. It is so pretty that the Corona Beer commercials were filmed on the beach there. The two palm trees and lounge chairs are there for you to sit in. The Mexican buffet is good and you can make it as spicy or mild as you want. The beer, margaritas, and rum punch are ever flowing. There are showers and restrooms and about three small gift shops.
Just a quick bus and covered ferry ride and you are there. Just remember.. the booze is free and we have seen folks that were in misery on the return trip due to too much sun, sand, and booze.
You'll love it.

Donna January 18th, 2013 06:33 PM

Hi Soapboxking,
I would leave your passport back on ship in your safe and if you feel more comfortable, just take a copy of it with you onshore. Take enough cash and one credit card for the day, the rest just keep locked up...

Soapbxking January 18th, 2013 07:42 PM

Thanks everyone!! Just weary about leaving cash or cards out when i am on the water. May take an extra card for just shore trips and leave the one that is used for sail and sign onboard to be safe :).

Losing weight and cannot wait :-)

Manuel January 18th, 2013 08:26 PM

Go and enjoy! I plan to go there again someday.

TM

tobytovar January 19th, 2013 09:30 PM

NEVER take your passport ashore. All you need is your sail & sign cars and a drivers license or government I.D. Don't need a copy of passport either although I do take one and leave it in safe aboard ship.
The Margaritaville in Cozumel has the 2nd best Margarita's after Key West. They come in a big mug too.
8 cruises so far and never a bad one. They are what you make of it. Just have fun.

Smooth Sailings