CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Booking A Cruise ...On A Cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/394289-booking-cruise-cruise.html)

Aerogirl January 22nd, 2013 08:04 PM

Booking A Cruise ...On A Cruise

While cruising on my past cruises I see a booth were you can book another cruise. My question is; "Is there any advantage to doing so"?

Is there a time frame that you can book for?
When I'm on my cruise in December 2013 can I book one for January 2015 since it's only 13 months away?

storybookcruises.com January 23rd, 2013 01:44 AM

I responded to your other post about this, but I'll duplicate it here since you seem to be asking about Carnival.

I ALWAYS advise my clients that if they want to do another cruise with the same cruise line to take advantage of the future cruise offers. They are a very good deal because the deposit is reduced, you get onboard credit, you don't have to select a specific cruise and date, plus you can can cancel and get a full refund, so it's win-win situation. And you can tell them you're working with an agent and the agent will then be given the information so they can service it for you. There's really no downside to it.

Carnival has done away with their future cruise certificate program, so alot of people are very irritated with them. I just hope this is not something other cruise lines are considering.

Pete

flowers January 23rd, 2013 09:54 AM

Carnival still allows you to book a cruise while on a cruise. You never got reduced deposits with Carnival's program but you do get OBC.

You can no longer buy a FCC to bring home and use later, but you can still book your cruise while on the cruise and the OBC you receive is still the same. The program for booking onboard has not changed.

Probably some time this spring the next year's worth of itineraries will be released thru mid April 2015. Carnival does not have specific release dates like other cruiselines.

$50 for a 3/4/5 day cruise
$75 for a 6 day cruise
$100 for a 7 day cruise.

$200 for a 12 day or longer cruise, though Carnival does not have many of these longer cruises. Hawaii being one of the few 12 day cruises for instance, so there are a few.

I talked to the rep onboard Magic who said they quit selling FCCs to bring home because there were so many cancellations. I forget now what he said, like 70% or more, so they decided not to sell the vouchers to bring home and use later to book. That part changed, but the booking while onboard your cruise is unchanged.

PS in case you want to book multiple cabins or have friends who want to. You do still get the two free friends and family future cruise vouchers when you book onboard which can be used within 60 days to book two more cabins and get the exact same OBC on two more cabins.

So, the answer is yes, if you know the cruise you want to book when you are onboard, you can book it with the reps onboard and get free onboard credit.

Aerogirl January 23rd, 2013 10:41 AM

Thanks. I was curious if it was some big deals when booking aboard but looks to be nothing special. I'll stick with booking with my TA.

We always cruise in late November & early December and want to move the time to late January when the weather is really cold and thought just maybe we would book while on board the Liberty.

Lakers Fan January 23rd, 2013 11:49 AM

When we were on a cruise in March 2013 (Celebrity) we booked a future cruise .We were given $300 in onboard ship credit.

flowers January 23rd, 2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1462324)
Thanks. I was curious if it was some big deals when booking aboard but looks to be nothing special. I'll stick with booking with my TA.

We always cruise in late November & early December and want to move the time to late January when the weather is really cold and thought just maybe we would book while on board the Liberty.

If the cruise you were on was booked thru a TA, and you booked it onboard, it would be automatically transferred to your TA for credit.

The Onboard Credit/OBC is what you get extra and is still combinable with stock OBC.

I still have 4 of the FCCs that you could buy and bring home and book later. (same OBC as offered if you book onboard now). I think my Sept 23rd cruise was the last week they sold them to bring home.

flowers January 23rd, 2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers Fan (Post 1462333)
When we were on a cruise in March 2013 (Celebrity) we booked a future cruise .We were given $300 in onboard ship credit.

My Carnival cruise to Hawaii I could get $200 for FCC OBC and another $250 for stock OBC. Sweet.

lhp February 1st, 2013 09:38 AM

Since Carnival did away with the FCC, we always booked onboard now.

We do not get any better price....but we get the On Board Credit!!

And I wanted to add that we usually always have someone that uses the friends and family vouchers!!! (which was not an option with FCC)

zydecocruiser February 1st, 2013 04:36 PM

Me thinks friends and family was an option with FCCs if you booked on board.

We will be using our last FCC on our Carnival Legend British Isles cruise in September!

On Carnival Elation next week we will be booking the 2014 Blogger's Cruise.

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/Carniva...C_2305_DxO.jpg